Knowing how to remove audio from video is a critical skill for content marketers, advertisers, and even film producers. Why? Well, maybe you’re creating a corporate video and want to replace the audio at the beginning and end of the video with a custom music track. Or, a film creator might need to remove the audio from certain parts of a film and replace it with voice over narration. Whatever the project, if you know how to extract audio from video, you’ll have the creative license to redefine your business narrative and align your brand’s content with your unique personal style.
At Voice123 – where you’ll find the best audio experts – we believe that understanding the ins and outs of audio and video is key to mastering audio/visual content. So, we’re going to explore this topic and give you helpful tips on how to remove audio from video iPhone and how to remove audio from video online.
Are you ready to silence the audio and keep the action in your video projects?
Why the need to remove audio from video?
The first reason is to eliminate unwanted background noise, which is distracting and reduces video quality. And second is if you need to add your own sounds, music, or voice overs to a video. When videos are shot in busy areas, like a bustling market or a windy beach, background noise like people chatting, car horns in traffic, or leaves blowing can end up in your video. Stripping the original audio track helps you create a clean sound slate to add a different audio track to your video. For example, if you’re making a marketing video or a cinematic video ad, you can add a piece of music that complements the video theme.
So, knowing how to remove audio from video online is a necessary step in the video editing process. Let’s look at the basics!
How to remove audio from video
You can remove audio with tools like AudioRemover, Adobe Premiere Pro, or Audacity, which has more advanced features. Open-source options like VLC Media Player also include features to remove audio for video playback. Here’s a breakdown of how to do it.
- Download video editing software: You can use free video editing software like VLC Media Player or Audacity to handle audio removal.
- Import your video clip: Use the ‘Import’ button or drag and drop your video into the software’s project window.
- Detach or mute the audio track: Most editing software can ‘detach,’ ‘unlink,’ or ‘mute’ the audio track from the video.
- Delete the audio track: Once you detach or unmute the audio, you can delete the audio track.
- Export the video: After removing the audio, save your changes by exporting the video. Look for an ‘Export’ or ‘Render’ button, and select the appropriate video format.
Always keep a backup of your original file before making changes in case you need to revert to the original audio. Now, let’s look at how to remove audio from iPhone video.
How to remove audio from iPhone video
- Open the ‘Photos’ app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to ‘Albums’ and select the video you want to edit.
- Tap ‘Edit’ in the video preview screen; you’ll find it in the upper right corner. Underneath the video, locate the speaker icon. Tap it once to bring up the volume control.
- Drag the ‘volume slider’ all the way to the left until it reaches the mute setting.
- Press ‘Done’ in the lower right corner to save your new silent video.
So, now you know how to remove audio from video iphone. But, should you change your mind after the edit, you can revisit the edit screen and adjust the volume slider to reintroduce sound to your video. Next, let’s look at how to remove audio from video online.
How to remove audio from video online
- Open your web browser and navigate to Kapwing’s Mute Video tool.
- Click the `Upload File` button to select your audio. Or you can paste a video URL from YouTube.
- Once the video is uploaded, Kapwing is designed to mute the video by default without any additional actions.
- To preview the video, click the play button in the editor window to ensure the audio has been removed.
- After confirming that the audio is muted, click on the `Export Project` button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Kapwing will process the video, which might take a couple of minutes, depending on the length of the video.
- After processing, click the `Download` button to save the video without audio to your local device.
Processing times vary, so larger files with higher resolutions may take longer. While Kapwing is free for videos shorter than 7 minutes, longer videos require a subscription. So, now that you’ve removed the audio from the video, here’s how to add a different voice over track to your video.
How to add voice over to video
- Start with a catchy script: This ensures the audio conveys the intended message clearly.
- Edit the audio: Import your audio file into the editing software to cut unwanted parts, reduce noise, or add sound effects. Audacity can help you remove specific background noises.
- Hire a voice actor: Voice123 has many talented pros to help you voice over a video. You could choose from a raspy Batman voice style or an upbeat advertisement voice actor style.
- Sync the audio with the video: Import your video and voice over into your video editing software.
- Make final adjustments: Adjust the audio volume changes and timing, or add fade effects, like lowering the background music when the voice over begins so it is heard clearly.
Final thoughts on removing audio from video
So, folks, using different tools to remove audio from video has unique advantages. Whether you use online tools like Kapwing, Audacity, or VLC Media Player, start by importing your video clip, then detach or mute the audio track, delete the audio track, and export the video. And always choose the software and method that best aligns with your project requirements.
And when you’re ready to add a voice over to your newly minted video file, you can choose any of the fantastic voice actors from Voice123. Or you can work with our unique Managed Services team, and they’ll handle your entire project from start to finish.
So, keep the scene and lose the noise when you remove audio from video!
You can use video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or iMovie or even free tools like VLC Media Player. Simply import your video, detach or mute the audio track, and export the video without the sound.
This is a challenge because of copyright restrictions. However, you can mute the audio if you capture the stream with screen recording software or if the streaming service allows you to toggle the sound off.
Online tools such as Kapwing, Clideo, or AudioRemover can help you remove audio from a video online.
Yes, you can remove audio from an iPhone video using the built-in iMovie app or third-party apps available on the App Store.