Intelligent, warm, thoughtful, engaging, professional
Vanessa is a flexible, professional performer, who delivers. Her voice is deep, resonant and engaging. She has an intelligent quality that works very well for e-learning products, with a clear, straightforward phrasing style.
Vanessa's commercial work includes upbeat, energetic and excited reads, but she can also provide a laidback, sensual sound.
Vanessa currently lives in New Zealand, however has also lived and worked for years in both London and Melbourne.
References from clients include -
"Vanessa Wells is an experienced and reliable voice artist, speaking with integrity and understanding. She impresses our clients with her clear and genuine tone."
- Michael Bell, Orange Studio
"We have worked with Vanessa on a number of projects and highly recommend her. Her attention to detail, versatility and professionalism mean she is our first choice for voice talent."
- Neil Briggs, Virtual Image
"Vanessa has a smooth professional voice which lends itself to corporate voice work. She is also a great character voice actor. She is professional and always very pleasant to deal with."
- Toby Ricketts - Production Manager, Tandem Studios
"Vanessa has a fantastic ‘neutral’ voice that transcends age, sex and genre. She is an extremely capable cold reader and can grasp technical information quickly which has been of huge benefit to us when we have been working on a tight and demanding schedule. We would highly recommend Vanessa and will definitely use her for future projects."
- Anya Anderson, RedSeed.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Other
• English - New Zealand
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Christchurch, New Zealand
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
New Zealand, British, Australian, standard US, soft European variations of English (Irish, Liverpool etc), English with a French/Russian/German accent.
My Voice Experience
Vanessa has been working professionally for over 10 years, both locally in New Zealand and internationally.
* Avis and Budget Rent-A-Car
* The Radio Network
* Whitebait TV
* BNZ (Bank of New Zealand)
* Kitchen Studio (national TVC campaign)
* Smart Tours (tourism audio)
* Merck Sharp and Dohme
* The Royal NZ Show
* Mico Bathrooms
* The Palms Shopping Centre
* New World Supermarkets
* Wools of NZ
* Baby First
* Online real estate advertising
* Online corporate profile voice
* Radio commercials ranging from community events to cosmetic surgery advertisements, shopping mall competitions to bathroom manufacturers (as house voice for The Radio Network)
* Online learning for the telecommunications industry (call centre training)
* Narrator for educational childrens cartoon
and many others ...
Bachelor of Arts in History from Canterbury University, NZ.
Acting training has been wide over the last 15 years and includes working with tutors and companies such as those listed below:
2009 Voice for the Actor, Kirstie OʼSullivan, Christchurch, NZ
2008 Voice Technique Workshop, Linda Cartwright, Auckland, NZ
2008 US Accent Workshop Chris Stewart, Auckland, NZ
2008 Improvisation Patti Stiles (Impro Melbourne)
2006 Improvisation Keith Johnstone(Loose Moose Theater)
1999 Short Course: Voice and Speeches RADA, London, UK
1999 Short Course: Dialects, Accents RADA, London, UK
1998 Acting and Voice workshops, The Academy Drama School, London, UK
My Studio Equipment
* Access to full professional sound studio and vocal booth
* Video conferencing and live recording feeds available
* Skype Patch available
* Audacity software for auditions
* Fast turnaround times (within 24 hours is generally fine)
* Professional improviser with The Court Jesters at The Court Theatre, Christchurch, NZ
* Professional actor (stage, film and television)
* Television presenter/host (both national and regional television)
* Corporate presenter (online and dvd distribution)
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Vanessa Wells by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Vanessa Wells is a Premium subscriber.
• Vanessa Wells was last active on Voice123 2 days ago