Everyman, Guy Next Door
Scott is a versatile voice talent with an everyman delivery that works well in a variety of settings. He can range from authoritative to humorous in commercials, provide a confident and inviting narrative voice in industrial/corporate videos, and create a sincere and heartfelt tone with public service announcements. His storytelling abilities are ideal for documentaries, training support media, talking books, and more.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Scott Laningham
My Voice Experience
Since 2003, Scott has been the voice for hundreds of video productions and podcast episodes for IBM in the role of a narrator, program host, interviewer and reporter. He has been a regular talent for web marketing company Motiliti in Austin, Texas, appearing in Live On Page video ads over the past five years. Scott recorded two talking books for the US Library of Congress program for the visually impaired.
He has worked in local radio, television, and for Public Radio International and received a Gold Medal for Business Finance at the International Radio Festival of New York for a piece he wrote and voiced.
- Bachelor's Degree in Radio/Television/Film from the University of Texas, Austin
- Private instruction from voiceover & acting coach Renee Beale
- Acting workshops in Austin, Texas and at the Herbert Berkof/Uta Hagen School in New York City
- Public Radio writing and reporting workshop
- Reporter, and later, Studio Production Director for news programming on Public Radio International
- Experienced audio and video professional with ProTools, Adobe Audition, Logic Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro
- Commercial music composer for clients including Hastings Books & Video, public TV education program "Words That Cook," MPT Productions (music library distributor), and more.
- 35 years as a professional drummer, performance/recording credits with Elias Haslanger, Kat Edmonson, Christopher Cross, Hailey Tuck, Eric Johnson, Don Rickles, Rodney Dangerfield, and dozens more.
- Composer/performer/singer of humorous songs heard on the TM Comedy Network, Radio Aahs, and Sirius and XM satellite radio
My Studio Equipment
Adobe Premier Pro
Final Cut Pro
ElectroVoice RE20 microphone
Sennheiser EW 100 ENG wireless lapel
Yamaha NS-10M studio monitors
DigiDesign audio interfaces
BlackMagic 2.5K Cinema Camera
Various EF lenses
Scott offers a rich combination of skills - seasoned writer and journalist, musician, audio and video producer - that strengthen his work as a voice talent. He understands and has experience with many roles and aspects of quality media conceptualization, production, and post-production, all of which make him easy to work with and adaptable to the demands of a wide variety of projects.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Scott Laningham by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Scott Laningham is a Standard subscriber.
• Scott Laningham was last active on Voice123 254 days ago