Guy Next Door, Sports Broadcaster, No Intonation
Warm and deep for narrations, smooth and professional for presentations, light and airy for product pitches, serious and convincing for documentaries.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
English (American), Jamaican (patwah, patois)
My Voice Experience
St. John's University, 1996, WSJU Radio and WRED TV. That's when I officially started my VO career, recording tracks for our alumni banquet videos, and various segments of our student produced news show, EYE OF THE STORM. Also, I provided radio play-by-play for 4 NCAA Division 1 sports played by our SJU Red Storm. Since my graduation in 1999, I have continued to voice tracks for the students. My 1st professional foray into VO's, however, was in 2006. I began training with Chuck McKibben, formerly of Mel Blanc Studios. I worked with Mr. McKibben for approximately 4 months before our relationship ended thanks to his moving to Philadelphia. Since that time (March 2007), I have worked for Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and Cablevision's News 12 Traffic & Weather, as a voice talent. The experience and insight gained under Mr. McKibben has proved invaluable. I used his instruction to become one of the top voices on MLB.com, and secure a full time reporter position with News 12.
BS Communications from St. John's University 1995-1999;
4 years ('95-'99) as play by play announcer for WSJU Radio (student run campus radio station);
2 years (Jan '98- Aug '99) as sports anchor/producer for WRED-TV's EYE OF THE STORM (student produced TV station, which aired on public access in the 5 boroughs of New York);
4 months training under Chuck McKibben, formerly of Mel Blanc studios.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Omar Reid
4+ years of television production experience and 2 years of web production (Adobe Audition, ProTools).
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Omar Reid by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Omar Reid is a Standard subscriber.
• Omar Reid was last active on Voice123 35 days ago