Engaging, authoritative, powerful, fun, sarcastic
Charlie has the vocal versatility to convey moods and emotions effectively for maximum impact. He is network quality "polished," yet can also sound real, conversational, and "non-announcer-ish." He has command of an authoritative tone, ideal for documentary, movie trailer, narration, and corporate projects. Professional and approachable for presentations, etc.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern, East Coast, Midwestern. Good "Rocky" impersonation. Versatile character voices from the "almost-normal" to entertainingly absurd.
My Voice Experience
As an established major market radio personality, Charlie moved to London England in 1995, where he was the first American to host a morning show. His voice-over career took off there and he did extensive work for large London agencies on national radio and international TV campaigns. Charlie is reliable, fun, easy to work with, and takes direction well. As he says, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it... people like me!"
Charlie had a 3.8 GPA in college, graduating with a Masters of BS. As a VO actor/talent he's learned his craft through years of experience, and says he's "lucky to call some of the top voice talents in the country my friends."
My Studio Equipment
I use the Cad (E100S) Kel (HM-1) and Electrovoice (RE-20) mics, a Presonus Pre Amp into an MAudio sound card, and record & edit in Adobe Audition (or Cool Edit.)
In addition to my years of VO acting, radio, and "theater-of-the-mind" voice characterization experience, I believe being a "nice guy" is a "relevant skill." When a client communicates what they're looking for, they get it when they need it, with no BS, ego/attitude, or drama.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Charlie Hackett by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Charlie Hackett is a Standard subscriber.
• Charlie Hackett was last active on Voice123 12 days ago