character, singer, mysterious, child, teen
bright and excitable, sexy and fun, warm, character voicing, professional pop/jazz singer, breathy, nasal, soprano, high pitch, hard sell, comic, youthful, posh, refined, specialist in child/teen, whisper, mysterious and dramatic
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - New Zealand
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New Zealand
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: Thick Kiwi/New Zealand, Refined Kiwi/NZ, Australian, British Posh Received Pronunciation, British Cockney, Languages studied: NZ Maori (Stage 1 University A+), Sixth Form Certificate German. I can impersonate 'Lois' from 'The Family Guy' exceptionally well.
My Voice Experience
"We are more than satisfied with your performance... we appreciate your professionalism in handling our project. Hope to work with you again."
-Michael R., Voice123 client 2014 (Music Video Intro Narration)
"The client loves your voice, intention, tone and mood!!"
-Daniel M., Voice123 client 2014 (Video Promo Narration)
I am a professional singer-songwriter, musical theatre performer, actor, vocal tutor and musician who has recently decided to enter the world of voicing after my demo and I recently made the very final round for a day job as a Radio Copywriter & Voiceover artist for a major network- a job that ultimately went to a guy on this occasion. Time for this gal to give it a go!
As a singer, I have had years of experience in professional studios and my self-produced material has appeared on radio and television as well as in prominent events including a recent concert with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra.
Original song placements:
2013: "Seeing Other People" - Theme song - Short Film appearing at Dam Short Film Festival, Colorado, USA
2012-2013: KidsCan Charitable Trust NZ Nationwide Television + online ad Campaign theme song: "Other People"
2012: "Fairy Lights" performance with the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra at their annual Christmas concert, CBS Arena
2011: "Fairy Lights" performance at Coca-Cola Christmas In The Park, Christchurch. Screened on Nationwide TV Highlights show
2011: " The Emotion" featured on "Anthem In Black" NZ Olympics Committee Official Album of the Games.
2005 " Stupid Nothing Song" featured on NZOA Kiwi Hit Disc #73
As a classically trained singer (to grade 8 level) and actor who also sings jazz/pop, my voice is very malleable and I am able to access a wide range of techniques to adjust tone, placement, pitch, and breathiness/lack thereof for a wide variety of characters and sounds. I have a great understanding of vowel correction, rhythm, pace, breathing and articulation.
In my home studio I am not only able to record spoken and sung voices, but I am also able to create and add original music/jingles/sound fx to your projects. I also have a royalty free music and sound fx library.
I am also happy to write copy. I have scripted all but the first demo that you hear.
2010 BA (Hons) Theatre and Film Studies - University of Canterbury
- Included 50% practical component for Theatre and Film Studies major, making, directing and performing in films and theatre productions.
- Gained 'A' grades in Digital Music, Creative Writing , NZ Maori (stage 1) and Creative Writing: Poetry (stage 2)
- Disney/Actors' Equity Musical Theatre Masterclass with Australian Equity President Simon Burke (Mary Poppins) and Musical Director Daniel Edmonds (King Kong: the new musical)
- Screen Acting workshop with Miranda Harcourt
- Tutored stage 1 : Introduction to Media and Communication at the University of Canterbury
- Improvisation classes with The Court Jesters
- Screen Acting short course, NIDA
- USA Audition Technique and accent training, Terri D'Ath
- Advanced Screen Acting classes, Ron Rodger
- Grade 8 Classical Singing, Royal Schools of Music
- Court Theatre Theatreworks, year long part-time course
- Grade 6 Classical Piano, Royal Schools of Music
- Full time student of the then 'Diploma in Jazz Studies' , CPIT Christchurch Jazz School. Vocal Major. (Completed and passed the year but decided not to return as at that stage was not a degree course.)
1996-2000 Burnside High School Specialist Music Programe, Vocal Student
- regular masterclasses and specialist one-on-one voice training from guest tutors including Dame Malvina Major
My Studio Equipment
Home set up:
Logic Pro 8
Rode NT1A Mic
Full size midi compatible stage piano with weighted keys
Yamaha APX 3 acoustic guitar
Recording in corner of a small carpeted room and/or wardrobe vocal booth.
I work regularly with AngelsGate recording studio for larger/more complex projects. For example, if live drums/band are required on a recording I am able to make this happen. Fees will be charged accordingly for this.
I am full-time working in a freelance capacity including a small part-time job working as the Public Programmes Coordinator for the University of Canterbury School of Music, managing concerts, events and public programmes. My freelance roles include contemporary vocal tuition for the NZ Modern School of Music and Social Media Marketing/ Christchurch Brand Ambassador for pledgeme.co.nz - New Zealand's First Crowdfunding Platform. I am very flexible, professional and used to working remotely, via skype and email. I organise all of my own time, including all my hours at the University when not on site at events.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Amy Bowie by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Amy Bowie is a Standard subscriber.
• Amy Bowie was last active on Voice123 16 days ago