Warm, smooth, deep, genuine, versatile.
A warm, approachable delivery but always versatile - sensitive to intense, low-key to high-energy. Significant low-end but not a bass-only voice - there's a lot of mid-range in there that helps me tackle a variety of projects.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: Variations on Southern accents (Virginia aristocrat, Northa Carolina, deep south, Texas, and one I call "The NASCAR", a little British, a little German, a little Swedish, a little French. I have a delivery reminiscent of Morgan Freeman, although it's not an impersonation.
My Voice Experience
TV, radio, non-broadcast, gaming, corporate, radio imaging.. whatever. I love it all! Thanks to a long career in broadcasting, production, copywriting, recording and sound design I've seen it all and I get it - whatever's thrown at me.
Over 25 years of experience in broadcasting, audio production, voice talent and copywriting.
My Studio Equipment
Shure KSM32 into a classic Valley 401 as a preamp with a touch of compression from an Alesis 3630 mainly as a gate. From there into a Mackie 1604 hitting a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre interface before it hits Pro Tools. Source Connect-ready if clients would prefer to record from a studio. Phone patch via Skype.
Copywriting, production, sound design, music composition.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jay Smack by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jay Smack is a Premium subscriber.
• Jay Smack was last active on Voice123 16 days ago