Warm, Friendly, Reassuring. Characters, too.
Smooth Mellow Center - Nutty Around The Edges.
Clients choose me for a warm, reassuring, friendly delivery of commercial and narration copy.
For e-learning, I have a great balance of "casual" sound with an underlying hint of authority.
When a project calls for Characters, I can go from realistic (Neighbor, Husband, CEO, Doctor, Attorney, Senior, Professor)to the fanciful (Storyteller, funny animals...I've even been the voice of a House, and a Germ!).
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, North Carolina, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Stylized/Cartoon Accents (not a dialectician):
American Southern, NY/Jersey, Southwest/Cowboy, Spanish, French, British, German, Slavic, Italian
My Voice Experience
Commercials: Carquest, Home Depot, BankCorp South, PGA Championship, Walt Disney World, Meijer, Comcast, Quintiles, Frito-Lay, New Balance, Utah Symphony, the Hartford/AARP, and more.
Narration/e-Learning: GlaxoSmithKline, IBM, Blue Cross, Disney Cruise Lines, Hardee's, Citicorp, U.S. Army, Carquest, Honeywell, Schindler, Nordstrom, Lockheed-Martin, Lego/Star Wars, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, and others.
...plus phone prompts, message-on-hold, talking toys, video/computer game characters, and two movies with Jim Henson's Muppets as a guest muppeteer.
Training/Workshops/Teleseminars with: Nancy Wolson/BrainTracks, Marice Tobias, Nic Omana, Lynda McCarrell, Christine Coyle (Dick Orkin's Radio Ranch), Richard Horvitz, Harlan Hogan-Dan O'Day
My Studio Equipment
Studio with custom-built mic booth.
Microphones include: AT8430, MXL v69me, MXL VO A-1 Harlan Hogan Signature Series, RCA 44, RCA 77dx, EV RE20.
Pre-Amp/Processor: dbx 286a
ISDN via Musicam "RoadWarrior"
Phone Patch (Gentner)
Mackie 1402-VL2 Mixer
Recording/Editing on Adobe Audition.
Full Audio Production. Audio Editing/Mixing. Sound Effects/Music Editing. Copywriting.
Payment Methods Accepted
To contact Rowell Gormon by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rowell Gormon is a Standard subscriber.
• Rowell Gormon was last active on Voice123 4 days ago