Guy next door, conversational, authority, caring
• Ron Nelson is registered with Voice123 since Jan 12, 2011.
• Ron Nelson started his/her voice over career in 1984.
• Currently Ron Nelson is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Ron Nelson was last active on Voice123 306 days ago
My voice can adapt to any project you may have. I can be energetic and exciting for car ads, warm and caring for PSA's, conversational for family products, and professional for instructional spots. My wry sense of humor easily comes through in ads that need that touch.If you are looking for a voice with lots of personality, motivation, warmth, and emotion, you've found it!!!
I have a smooth, clear, professional delivery for narrations, web site direction, voice mail directories, and audio books.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
My Home Base
Anaheim, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can do a variety of American dialects ranging from northern, midwestern (Wisconsin, Chicago), southern (deep South, Texas), and some from the east. I can also use different British dialects (London, Liverpool, Yorkshire, Midlands, and some Scottish) and go between them if needed.
Heck, I can even speak with a Canadian accent, eh.
As far as characterizations, my range includes serious business types, fun loving sports enthusiasts, and everything in between. I use my range to reach a variety of ages and voices of both genders.
My Voice Experience
I started out as an on-air talent at KBOB-FM in Glendora, CA. While there I was able to record and produce hundreds of on-air spots for local businesses and PSA's. I also read several live spots on-air with and without music beds. I have produced and voiced station promos, newscasts, and interview programs.
B.A. in Communications from University of La Verne, La Verne, CA
Teaching Credential from National University, Irvine, CA
Juris Doctor from Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, CA
Voiceover Training, Marc Graue Recording Studios, Burbank, CA
Instructor of drama, Orangeview Junior High, Anaheim, CA
Performer/Producer Employee Training/Motivation Seminars, Lincoln Savings, Irvine, CA
Writer/Performer, Employee Motivation Presentations, Safeco Insurance, Fountain Valley, CA
My Studio Equipment
Currently I have the ability to record and edit auditions, voice tracks, radio spots, narration, and audio books, using either Audacity or Adobe Audition editing software.
I have the ability to add music tracks supplied by the client.
Being in Southern California, I also have access to the top recording studios with state-of-the-art equipment and editing facilities.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Ron Nelson by email or phone, please click here.