Professional, friendly & character specialist
1) I have the ability to modify my voice for virtually any type of voice over recording. My range is professional & business-like, to foreign accents to wild characterizations. I can exude explosive, fun energy in my readings, as well as smooth, warm, calm vocalizations.
2) I was born in California and English is my native language. I can speak French well and can speak some conversational Spanish and Italian. I also know a little Japanese and Russian.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
1) I can do the following accents when speaking English: British English (Cockney, Liverpool, London), French (Coarse, Parisian Woman, Seductive), German, American Indian, Bombay-India, Irish, Italian, Mexican, Oriental (Laundryman, Samurai Warrior), Russian, Scandinavian, Scottish, United States (Bostonian, Brooklyn, New York Jewish, Southern Alabama, Southern Californian, Texan, and Yiddish).
2) I can also do impressions of many movie stars, including: Don Adams, Louis Armstrong, Jimmy Stewart, Jim Backus/Mr. Magoo, Ed Sullivan, Mae West, Jack Benny, Marlon Brando, Walter Brennan, James Cagney, Truman Capote, Ronald Coleman, Hans Conreid, Kirk Douglas, The Elephant Man, WC Fields, Barry Fitzgerald, Frank Fontaine (as "Crazy Gugenheim"), Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Marty Feldman, Boris Karloff, Stan Laurel, Liberace, Peter Lorre, Bela Lugosi, Paul Lynde, Groucho Marx, James Mason, Monty Python characters: Housewife/Mr. Gumby, and George C. Scott (as "General Patton").
3) My cartoon voices include: Baba Louis, Bullwinkle the Moose, C3PO (robot in "Star Wars"), Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent, Donald Duck (laughing, sneezing), Dudley Doright, Dumb Eagle (like Edgar Bergen's "Mortimer Snerd"), Elmer Fudd, ET The Extra-Terrestrial, Mr. Bill ("Saturday Night Live" clay clown), Mr. Ed the Horse, Mr. Jinx (like: Phil Silvers), Mr. Magoo (Jim Backus), Quick Draw McGraw, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Felix the Cat, Snagglepuss (like Bert Lahr), Snydley Whiplash (Hans Conreid), Tennessee Tuxedo (Don Adams), Tweety Bird, Underdog (Wally Cox), Woody Woodpecker (laughing), Yogi Bear, Topogigio (mouse on the Ed Sullivan show), and Yoda (from "Star Wars")
4) My Own Characters include: Breathy (old, gasping, forced), Cheeky (lisp impediment), Fishy (underwater effect), Fussy (nervous, rapid, high-pitched), Gruffy (gravelly, macho working man), Mean Jaw (tough, villain), Nerdy (teenager, broken), Old Smiley (nasal, friendly, crotchety), and Slap Happy (overly cheerful, clown-like).
My Voice Experience
I have written and recorded many voicemail and on-hold messages for telephone systems (IVR/MOH), done television and radio commercial voiceovers, done some cartoon voice work, and was a radio station disc jockey and news reporter.
I started doing vocal impressions on my own when I was a teenager by watching movies and cartoons.
As an adult, I took voice over lessons and studied and practiced lip, tongue, throat, jaw, and mouth flexibility exercises, copy-marking styles, voice characterizations, voice placements, dialects, cartoon & "straight" characters, and "cold" reading techniques.
My Studio Equipment
I have a home recording studio that uses an iMac computer with Garageband software and a high-end microphone. I can record voiceovers quickly and professionally, save them in MP3 or AIF format, then upload them to an FTP site, email them, or burn them to a CD and US mail them.
I enjoy using Garageband to compose multi-track music in many styles, including rock, classical, blues, and jazz. I have over 20 years experience in advertising and marketing, so I understand how to position and sell products and services using audio and printed words.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Marty Goodman by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Marty Goodman is a Standard subscriber.
• Marty Goodman was last active on Voice123 252 days ago