Reasonable Guy, Offbeat, Excitable, Urbane, Cool
My voice is:
- Velvety, empathetic and playful for commercials
- Rich and mellifluous for narrations
- Powerful and cultured for presentations.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can perform suave Jesus, Louisiana ghost, southwestern Ohioan, snide doctor, cloying French waiter, Brooklynite, guttural serial killer, bitchy brother, persuasive brother with gravitas, overly considerate sea lion negotiating for fish, jovial and smitten husband or boyfriend, the popular gnome, vegan zombie, best friend since 9th grade, skater dude, hipster bro, and colorful British fellow.
My Voice Experience
Hello. I'm a comedian. I'm an actor. I was recently cast in speaking roles as a ghost in Louis Gossett, Jr.'s story in the show Celebrity Ghost Stories and as a lovable husband in a commercial for a seafood restaurant. As of July I've performed in standup comedy and improv shows over 365 times in 2013. My voice is my primary instrument and I have recordings of performances to give you a good idea of my capabilities and range. Other than that I have worked as a documentary filmmaker for over a decade and understand the fundamentals of capturing a good, natural voice performance on tape whether in the studio or in a field recording. I have been told I have an excellent delivery for storytelling and a relatable tone and timbre. Also, I was a jazz DJ at my college radio station WSPN where I guided a 3-hour show on Friday afternoons under the moniker, "Lee Baby Sims."
I am constantly learning and honing my craft. I have graduated from improv training at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Training Center and have studied acting at Michael Howard Studios. My voice teacher Patsy Rodenburg has been the Head of Voice at the prestigious Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London for 26 years and has worked regularly with the best-known actors of the British theatre, including Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, and Daniel Day-Lewis.
My Studio Equipment
I have access to a state-of-the-art sound studio just built by Stand Up New York comedy club for podcasts. I have worked with pro tools and various non-linear audio editing programs for 15 years. Before that I led a rock & roll band and recorded and engineered our first E.P. on a 4-track tape recorder. I've also studied sound design and electronic music and advanced digital sampling at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and at Skidmore College.
My 7-year-old nephew has called me a Jedi at talking. And I can do a mean beat-box.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Kevin Berrey by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Kevin Berrey is a Standard subscriber.
• Kevin Berrey was last active on Voice123 147 days ago