Posh, measured English tones
Posh, measured English tones suitable for narration and advertisements, or with an optional hint of madness for video games and more unusual purposes.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Irish
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Bristol, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
English Received Pronunciation, British English, Posh English, Standard English, Monty Python, Falsetto, Indian, Pakistani, Middle-Eastern, Arab, African, Carribean
My Voice Experience
Ten years providing narration and voice work for a mix of broadcast, online and internal video projects, plus a few wizards and warlocks as well.
Nothing particularly media-oriented. I'm actually a Mathematician by background, so happy to take on complex scientific or technical jargon. I started doing voice overs for my design agency's explainer and documentary videos; I still do that, plus webcasting, training, hosting and all sorts of other fun stuff.
My Studio Equipment
I use Rode equipment for most jobs - NT1-A/NT2000 (Large Condensor, M3 (Small condenser) or NTG1 (shotgun). Also available - Sennheiser Body Packs (surprisingly good electret microphone) Shure SM-57 and SM-58, various vintage condensers and ribbon microphones. All audio can be provided compressed (software or hardware), and I can provide fast effect and character treatments using Ableton, or a Roland ARIA VT-1 voice synth.
I write scripts, produce storyboards, source music and sound effects and produce solid mixes. Plus if you need video footage to go with the voice, I run a small agency providing animated video, creative design and web development services.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact James Barlow by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently James Barlow is a Standard subscriber.
• James Barlow was last active on Voice123 3 days ago