Energetic, Clever, Witty, Animated, Real
Commericals: Young and upbeat; boy-next-door
Videogames: Determined and strong protagonists; brainy and scheming villains
Industrial and Professional VO: Confident, warm, and knowledgeable
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
El Segundo, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I speak American, clear and unaccented as a radio announcer of yesteryear. With some provocation, I can throw in overtones of an enthusiastic high-school freshman or a West Valley stoner.
My Voice Experience
My brother-in-law, lovable and crazy fellow that he is, offered me a shot at podcast stardom--a gig providing quips in a variety of tones, ranging from stoic CIA agent to peppy, informative tour guide. In exchange for this opportunity, I regularly provide him with voicemail messages from "The President", who may or may not have had a few drinks.
Degree: B.A. in Multimedia Production
* Commercial training with Dave Walsh (about a year), Leigh Gilbert (about 8 months) and Artt Butler (my first few sessions)
* Graduated from Improv 101 (Upright Citizens Brigade Theater)
* Commercial workshop with Lori Alan
* Animation workshops with Mary Lynn Wissner and Portia Scott-Hicks
* Acting 101 (Moorpark College)
* Piano/keyboard experience (a life-long combination of classes, one-on-one teachers, and self-teaching by ear)
* Occasional performances with friends at sketch comedy workshops/auditions
My Studio Equipment
I have a VO booth consisting of:
* Porta-booth Pro and its affiliated stand
* Apogee Mic (96k)
* iPad Pro / iPhone 6 with Twisted Wave
* Roland FA-06
* Ableton Live 9
My current and previous jobs in the quality assurance industry demand keen eyes and ears; having worked on games, movies, and TV shows, I can pick out the little things that may hamper the end user's experience.
Throughout my life, I've harbored a constant love of games: video, board, card, and any other form you can think of. I'm particularly fascinated by videogames; I've followed their evolution from simple handheld diversions to the elaborate tales they are today.
I delight in having fun and enabling others to smile. I always have, and I always will.
I may not be trained in medicine, but I do what I can to help others with humor. When my little brother couldn't sleep, I would read Calvin and Hobbes to him until I heard snoring. When I and some other kids had to wait at school for our parents to take us home, I would drum up a puppet show using toy animals and a prop volcano (hint: it never went well for the coyote). When a party starts to die down, I'm the first to build a pillow fort.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact David Boyd by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently David Boyd is a Premium subscriber.
• David Boyd was last active on Voice123 284 days ago