Natural, Friendly, Believable & Confidant
When I was starting out in this business, I would occasionally hear the "criticism" that I sounded "too friendly" or "too nice" on commercials. For awhile I even worked to change that. Fortunately I soon realized that what I was trying to correct was an asset! Of course I can do serious or even menacing if that's what you need but most clients who hire me are looking for a natural, upbeat, friendly delivery. If it's Darth Vader you're after, I highly recommend James Earl Jones.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Craig Bowers
My Voice Experience
3 hints that even as a kid, I was destined to make a living with my voice.
1. Always in trouble for talking in class.
2. While listening to the radio, told friends to "sshhhh" so I could hear the commercials.
3. At tryouts for the school play, everyone wanted to be the lead, I wanted to be the narrator.
For many years I've been a DJ, News Director, copywriter and Production Director voicing everything that came my way. As a Staff Announcer at KGO/KSFO Radio in San Francisco, one minute I recorded spots for Mom & Pop stores and the next I voiced Billboards for the 49ers and Raiders Radio Networks.
Besides the thousands of radio spots, I've also voiced countless industrials. In fact, growing up in what became Silicon Valley I was hired in the early 80's to record prompts for a new technology called a "voice mail system"-should've bought stock! I once also once managed a convincing v/o for a "how to" video on Transmission Repair with no knowledge of Transmissions!
As far as formal education is concerned, I graduated from San Jose State with a major in Theater Arts/Radio-TV, and a minor in Journalism. While schools and workshops are very useful tools, I think the real education in voice overs comes from listening. I was fortunate to grow up in the San Francisco Bay Area listening to people who were VERY talented at v/o. I always thought that you had to be "that" good or you wouldn't be allowed on the radio or tv. Right from the beginning I set very high standards for myself and it's paid off with continuous employment and a reputation for being professional and easy to work with.
My Studio Equipment
I work in professional radio studios everyday both at work and at home with nothing but broadcast quality gear. Neumann mics, Pro Tools, etc.
I'm a licensed Private Pilot, love home improvement projects and tinkering with my 1968 Jaguar E-Type.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Craig Bowers by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Craig Bowers is a Standard subscriber.
• Craig Bowers was last active on Voice123 202 days ago