guy next door, smooth, crisp, warm, friendly.
My voice is warm, smooth, and crisply articulate. My voice works well for scrips requiring gentle frankness, warmth, or confidence and support for any situation. Additionally, it can be fun, lighthearted, and boisterous for commerical scripts.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, District of Columbia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can provide a U.S. Southern Accent and midsouth accent having grown up in Kentucky. I can also produce a upper society British accent from having studied at Oxford University.
My Voice Experience
Even as a young child, I was performing in theatre and delivering the "news" on the local school announcements from elementary through high school. Voted "The Most Likely to be on Television Voice" in my college public speaking class, I have pursued voiceover seriously starting in 2009. My experiences have been both recorded and live situations, such as award ceremonies.
Edge Studio in Washington, DC and New York City have been the entirity of my professional voiceover training. Additionally, I have studied at the Studio Theatre Acting Conservatory in Washington, DC.
My Studio Equipment
I use a Neumann TLM 103 microphone, which richly captures the warmth, depth, clarity, and range of my voice. Additionally, I use Protools for my DAW, JBL Studio Monitors to ensure purity of finished audio tracks, and Audio Technica Headphones for recording.
Besides knowing how to write (English minor) and do math (engineering background), I can convey emotion very well in my voice and come from a lineage of speaking performers as my father was a radio journalist and TV personality before becoming a math professor.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Chris Hook by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Chris Hook is a Standard subscriber.
• Chris Hook was last active on Voice123 289 days ago