Classic, Smooth, Warm, Sincere, Persuasive
I am a mature voice-over talent with a voice that is classic, smooth, warm, sincere, and persuasive. I have also been described as having “that classic American voice that walks a fine line between elegance and folksiness.”
In winning 1st Place in an Edge Studio Documentary Script Recording Contest, the judges said of my voice, "Its warmth and clarity will maintain the listener's interest without overpowering the visuals."
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Midwestern, Southern, Southwestern, Chicagoan
My Voice Experience
Narrator for Nationwide Insurance and SAP North America.
Voiced radio commercials for a large insurance company.
Narrator for documentary videos, PowerPoint presentations and website demos.
Past daily reader for Newspapers For The Blind (NFTB). Contributions included the lead stories from The Sydney (Australia) Morning Herald and The New Zealand Herald.
Voiced a weekly, hour-long production of THE HEALTH REPORT for Northern Illinois Radio Information Service (NIRIS) - a division of Northern Public Radio, the public broadcasting service of Northern Illinois University.
Studied communications at UNLV and the University of Maryland, European Extension.
Received voice coaching from Charles Michel of "The Winning Voice" and ongoing voice coaching sessions by Jeff Lupetin at Acting Studio Chicago.
Gained practical and valuable insight from voice actor book authors, Harlan Hogan, James Alburger, Elaine Clark, and Randy Thomas & Peter Rofe.
Alumni of Harlan Hogan & Dan O'Day's "Start Your Voiceover Business" class.
My Studio Equipment
Studio Equipped With:
- StudioBricks Vocal Booth
- Neumann TLM 103 Microphone
- Pro Tools 12
- Apogee Duet Interface for Mac-based recording and editing
- Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Studio Headphones
- Mackie HR624MKII Studio Monitors
- Royalty-free Music and SFX libraries
I can also compose and perform piano/keyboard pieces for background music and SFX on VO projects.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Greg Downey by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Greg Downey is a Standard subscriber.
• Greg Downey was last active on Voice123 90 days ago