Confident, Male, Baritone, Serious, Professional
• David Ferber is registered with Voice123 since Jan 03, 2007.
• David Ferber started his/her voice over career in 1980.
• Currently David Ferber is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• David Ferber was last active on Voice123 244 days ago
My company is Voice Unlimited-David Ferber, www.voiceunlimited.com. My delivery is consistent and well-paced and I am able to perform anything from a short radio commercial to long-form presentations and educational modules. I am able to read technical, medical and business-specific text, as well as typical commercial copy for radio or television. I've been a voice performer for over 30 years and take direction well.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Although accent-free I can characterize midwest-Minnesotan, and southern/Texan.
My Voice Experience
My voice has confidently recorded for local radio stations where I began my experience with voice performance work. I was the voice of the Mayo Clinic Human Resources benefits line for many years, guiding 30,000 employees of Mayo Clinic's Rochester, Minnesota, campus through dozens of self-use IVR prompts. I have voiced many video presentations for Mayo Clinic's Telecommunications department, ranging from surgical training to internal waste management. I have recorded "on-hold voice/music" for local businesses and recently voiced a series of educational audio modules for the American Society of Anesthesiologists. I also volunteer voice talent for my church, narrating drama presentations.
I have completed a Professional Studies B.A. cum laude from Winona State University, with a Mass Communication minor. My focus was live broadcast performance, multimedia reporting and Business/Management/Communication. As a lifelong learner I hold an A.S. in Professional Studies from Rochester Technical and Community College, where I actually began my course work in their Journalism/Mass Media-Technology program.
In the decade I worked in Radio, I used every opportunity to learn from more-experienced Announcers. I originally built my home studio to record a greeting announcement served over low-power AM radio frequencies for a local car wash.
I've been fortunate to have worked in the Television industry for the past 20 years, voicing both local and regional commercials for the various properties of Quincy Newspapers Inc., KNLW-FM and others.
My Studio Equipment
I record using an AudioTechnica AT2020 into a digital processor connected to an Apple MacBook Pro. I edit using SoundForge's Audacity software, which outputs into .avi or .mp3 files.
I can take your copy points and turn them into a viable script in standard lengths, understanding both the written story and the voice performance necessary to complete it. I have a professional grasp of grammar and usage, rarely relying on the computer's dictionary or thesaurus.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact David Ferber by email or phone, please click here.