Resonant, natural, masculine, authoritative
COMMERCIALS: Natural, authentic, warm, vivacious, energetic, authoritative.
GAMES: Energetic, intense, nuanced, threatening (imdb link at bottom)
ANIMATION: Lively, funny, energetic. Also dark, threatening (imdb link at bottom)
NARRATION: Natural, resonant, confident, knowledgeable, clear communicator of
PRESENTATIONS: Smooth, confident, professional, persuasive.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
U.S. Southern upper and lower class; U.S. Country (eg Appalachia and rural South); Maine/New England/Boston; west Texas.
My Voice Experience
SELECTED CREDITS (imdb link at bottom):
ANIMATION: Robot Chicken, WordGirl
COMMERCIALS: NY Stock Exchange; Air Nat'l Guard; SolarWorld.
GAMES: Halo: Reach; Hitman: Absolution; Fallout: New Vegas; Secret World.
TV/FILM: on-camera—15+ yrs ADR experience; off-camera—'Young & The Restless'.
NARRATION: docs 'Mountaintop Removal' & 'The New Sudan'; multimedia—Gettysburg & Infantry Museums.
PERFORMANCE/MOTION CAPTURE: Hitman: Absolution (as the iconic lead character, Agent 47)
PSA: Nat'l Center on Elder Abuse
TRAINING/PRESENTATION: Slated.com (instructional video)
LIVE ANNOUNCER/ON-AIR: 15+ yrs experience as TV/radio interviewee; radio show host.
B.A., English Literature, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN
Sight & Sound Filmmaking Pgm, New York University, NYC, NY
Two-Year Meisner Acting Training, Baron-Brown Studio, Santa Monica, CA
Shakespeare Lab, Public Theatre, NYC, NY
VO Workshop, Cynthia Songe, Susan Blu Studio, Los Angeles, CA
Voice Training, David Farkas, Los Angeles, CA; Bill Pepper, NIDA, Syndey, Australia Dialect Training, Jessica Drake, Los Angeles, CA
My Studio Equipment
Experienced in Mac OS and Audacity.
Able to record and edit at home.
Mic: Audio-Technica AT2020.
65+ credits as an on-camera actor, including Ethan in TV's 'Lost'; leading role in films
'Another Earth' & 'In the Bedroom.'
Spokesperson: Elder Abuse Awareness.
Entrepreneur: Co-founder of Slated.com, a film finance mktplace.
Producer (developing film based on 'Two Gentlemen of Verona').
Long ago: Taught Grades 7-12 for the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact William Mapother by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently William Mapother is a Standard subscriber.
• William Mapother was last active on Voice123 268 days ago