Characters, PBS specialist, kooky, offbeat comedy
Smooth professional female narrations (i.e. PBS narrations, nature documentaries), young boy characters (think Bart Simpson, Bobby Hill), elderly woman voices (sweet old granny, sassy ol' broad), comical speech impediments (i.e. lateral lisp, deviated septum), youthful / sunny and bright / smooth and sultry for commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can create a fully-developed character from any given text, SNL-Style — just let me know what character-type you need and I can give multiple options.
Accents in my repertoire: Southern accent — both Southern Belle [Scarlett O'Hara] and redneck Texan [think Honey Boo-Boo!], snooty British accent, low-brow Cockney accent, burly/sad Russian accent, Indian accent, Chinese accent, Japanese accent, New York/Brooklyn accent.
My Voice Experience
The majority of my work has been in what I call my "PBS Voice" — narrating commercials and short documentaries on more serious subjects.
Companies I have worked for: XL Marketing, Greenhouse Product News, Cultivate14 AmericanHort, Zebra Technologies
I stumbled into voiceover work when a co-worker noticed that I could create characters while in regular conversation. I then began doing voiceovers for a local marketing agency, which led to more commercial and documentary work through word-of-mouth.
I have a BFA in theatre. I have performed for years in live theatre, but since becoming a Mom, I have mainly done voiceover work. I have a strong singing voice (mostly soprano / operatic characters). I still sing in choirs, and even did a stint as a backup singer for a local band.
My Studio Equipment
In addition to being a voiceover talent and actor, I'm a graphic designer. I create professional logos / marketing / branding + editorial design.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Robin Hicks by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Robin Hicks is a Standard subscriber.
Robin Hicks does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Robin Hicks was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Robin Hicks does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Robin Hicks was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.