Friendly, Warm, Authority. Terrific Storyteller.
My voice is warm, approachable, authoritative and lush, rich and commanding -- honestly, I can also do a range from promos to friendly guy next door to the upbeat tough and rugged read; also over-the-top characters. I am also really great at storytelling.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Cockney, Standard Brit (RP), Brooklyn, Noo Yawk, Russian, French, Southern (Texas, Virginia, S. Carolina).
My Voice Experience
Over the past decade, I've done everything from feature-length documentary narration to voiceovers for clients like Great Adventure, Prince Machiabelli perfume and Major League Baseball -- national TV spots and national radio. Took a long hiatus to raise kids and then returned to the business because I love doing voiceover work more than anything else in the world. Most recently started recording audiobooks for Audible.
I have very heavy acting training and experience. Some highlights:
* Scene Study with Tony Greco.
* Method at the Lee Strasberg Instiute.
* Performed for several years running at the Edinborough Fringe Festival
* Improv with Amy Poehler and Ian Roberts at Upright Citizens Brigade.
Voiceover coaching and technique:
* Roger Becker, Andy Roth and Jeff Gurner.
Voice: Paul Valley.
Performed Off Broadway, Off Off Broadway, and in a number of films.
My Studio Equipment
Rode NT-2A microphone, Focusrite ISA One preamp, Scarlet 8i6 interface, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition.
Unknown - Click here to ask Tom Burka
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
To contact Tom Burka by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Tom Burka is a Standard subscriber.
• Tom Burka was last active on Voice123 254 days ago