Deep, Smooth, Powerful, African-American, VOG
Deep for commercials, promos and trailers. Late night smooth DJ sound. News anchor sound. Urban sound. Professional for presentations and narrations.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Boston, Southern, British, Caribbean.
My Voice Experience
Tied for first place in a booth announcer contest for WROR Boston (Summer 2009).
WHUS Radio (Sep 2008-May 2009, Jan 2011; Storrs, CT):
-Promo and Public Service Announcer/Producer
Miniseries: Golden Age of Wireless (Broadcasting in November 2010 on WYAR Radio, Yarmouth, ME).
-The Professor: Swearengen
-Cool Customers: Seth Olmstead*
-The Building of Red Oaks: Admiral Land/Kate's Dad
Boogie Break (May 2012-present; Starpoint Radio, UK): Announcer
Infiniti (May 2012-present; Lindsey Coast Radio, UK): Announcer
University of Connecticut
Harvard University Extension School
Professor: J.E. Hollingworth (Perfecting Oral Communication).
Don Morrow (Home training course and in-person coaching)
Wren Ross (Private coaching)
Disk Jockey and Announcer at WHUS Radio in Storrs, CT.
My Studio Equipment
Microphone: Shure SM7B
Computer: HP ENVY x360/Windows 10
Special Equipment: Audacity, Avid MBox Mini, Porta-Booth Pro
Delivery Methods: Email (MP3s), USPS (CDs)
-Freelance Emcee & Announcer
-Warm-up, introduce events
-Recite original poetry
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Shawn Mayers by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Shawn Mayers is a Premium subscriber.
• Shawn Mayers was last active on Voice123 5 days ago