Youngish Everyman; gritty
I have an everyday sort of vibe. Gritty and a little raspy. More guy-next-door than a traditional booming voice of an announcer.
My background and degree is in Theater, so I consider myself capable of a fairly wide variety of "characters," although my bread and butter is more a "what you hear is what you get" kind of approach.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can do comic stereotypes but do not consider myself an authentic impressionist or dialectician.
My Voice Experience
I began doing voice over at 8 years old for children's recordings. Most of my experience has been in live venues, but much of what I have done has been for TV and independent film.
My main focus in terms of career is behind the camera as a writer and director, but have been asked over the years to perform various VOs and have generally enjoyed such opportunities.
Started writing/directing theater professionally while still in college at the regional level.
Received my degree in Theater (directing specialization) in 1995.
Taught acting, primarily through improvisation at the regional level.
Have written, directed and produced hundreds of sketches, several plays and musicals, and three independent films (a feature and two documentaries).
I've been a performer (singing and acting primarily) for most of my life, beginning in childhood. Also professional public speaker.
My Studio Equipment
Use a Shure SM7B for VO work but have access to several fully equipped studios.
Tech has never been my focus but I have many friends in the industry who own and operate their own studios.
My strength is in text interpretation.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Shadd Williams by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Shadd Williams is a Standard subscriber.
• Shadd Williams was last active on Voice123 82 days ago