Guy Next Door, NPR, Movie VO, Character Specialist
Hip and smart for commercial work, soft warm NPR guy, Big "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY" voice, Clipped and clearly enunciated for Industrial work, Friendly tech-savvy hipster,
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer radio ad production services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
All American accents, British (lower class and the Queen's English), All of UK, Indian, German, Nordic, Eastern Europe, Japanese, Old Guy, Punk, Doofus, Brain, Femme, Fop, Old timey Radio guy, ad infinitum...
My Voice Experience
I have been a professional singer since 1988 and a professional actor since 1991. I spent 10 years producing, directing, performing in a very successful sketch comedy show, "Changing Channels." I recorded nearly 100 radio spots for a busy music venue, "The Soapbox Laundrolounge," also out of Wilmington, NC. Recently I responded to an iPhone App company's Craig's Listing and currently have several on going commercial recordings. I also play an acoustic set the 1st and 3rd Monday every month at The Mean Fiddler, just off Times Square, following the sketch comedy stylings of "The Crass Monkey."
I graduated from Western Carolina University in 1998 with a BA in Theater and a minor in English. I have been working in tv, film, theater, and adr ever since. Also I worked for a few years as an on-air personality for WHQR, a National Public Radio Station in Wilmington, NC.
My Studio Equipment
I record on a Dell Inspirion 600m laptop with a Oktava MK219, pre-amped through an M Audio "Audiobuddy." I do most of my recording with Adobe Audition but occasionally whip out Cubase for certain projects. I also record music with an M Audio Midi Controller and Reason. I have also been playing acoustic guitar since 1979. I have been recording my own work in various studio environments for the past 23 years.
Unknown - Click here to ask Sam Robison
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Sam Robison by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Sam Robison is a Standard subscriber.
• Sam Robison was last active on Voice123 353 days ago