Good Timbre, Confident, Friendly, Clear Diction
Well-intoned, good articulation, warm and deep voice for narrations.
Smooth, confident and exuding knowledge and experience for presentations, product demo, DVD/video instructions.
Energetic for exercise videos, calm and sexy for yoga, Pilates or other similar exercise programs
Clear diction, excellent pronunciation for educational videos.
Good singing voice which can be appropriately adjusted to suit fun or more serious advertisement jingles.
Sexy, fun, full of energy for commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer translation services
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
For Indonesian dialects, I can do the accents of the Batak ethnic group of North Sumatra.
Other accents I can impersonate are Singlish (Singapore English), and Malaysian Malay.
I can do characterizations for children's videos, e.g. wicked stepmother, loving grandma, complaining wife.
My Voice Experience
I voiced for Rossetastone, a well-known international language-learning website. The whole project took about 3 weeks in all for me, and the recording was done in Istanbul.
In this same project, I was also entrusted with the task of voice coaching another talent.
My other experience was for an aviation English language program project for Garuda Training Centre. Garuda is is Indonesia's national airline. Voicing was in English. I had two roles :
1. Voiced the part of an air traffic control
officer giving landing directions to a pilot.
I had to be fully familiar with the aviation
terminology and phraseology required, for
example, remembering to say RUNWAY ZERO NINER
instead of RUNWAY ZERO NINE, saying the
alphabets using code rather than reading them
as the normal ABC alphabets.
A strong authoritative voice was required for
2. As the Narrator reading the various reading
scripts which the trainee pilot must listen to
before he answers the test questions.
This type of reading requires clear diction
and accurate pronunciation.
I have been a choir conductor for at least 25 years, teaching and conducting the women's, youth's and children's choirs of my church, my workplace and my neighbourhood choir. As a choir conductor, I not only teach them the songs, but also how to pronounce the song lyrics clearly and correctly and with the appropriate expression.
My Studio Equipment
I have easy access to a professional studio which has done recordings for several local Indonesian musicians, and I am confident I will be able to provide the kind of sound clients require.
1. Voice coaching / Voice directing
2. Singing (for jingles and ads or promos that require
3. Translation of text to be recorded
4. Localization, or suggesting suitable alternatives
appropriate to local Indonesian culture, customs and
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Raphita Tobing by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Raphita Tobing is a Standard subscriber.
• Raphita Tobing was last active on Voice123 14 days ago