Rich, authoritative, bright, and positive
From my college days until the early 1980's, I DJ'ed at rock, underground, and country radio stations. I also hosted a half hour local interview TV show.
Since then, I've guest hosted real estate radio call in shows, and starred in a 30 second intro to a relocation video.
The point is, I know how to use my voice to SELL stuff. It's FRIENDLY, BRIGHT, CHEERFUL, and conveys a strong sense of TRUST. If that's the kind of professionalism you are looking for... well, you've found it!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
My Home Base
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
John Wayne, Groucho Marx style, Deep South, and 1960's "Good Guys" DJ.
My Voice Experience
Voiced commercials for B. F. Goodrich Company Owned Tire Stores (Houston, TX), Chick-Fil-A (Birmingham, AL), DeSharpe Auto Body and Paint Shop (New Orleans, LA), Mayer Jewelers (Atlanta, GA), among the hundreds of others.
Voiced, wrote, and produced the promotional voice package for WUAL-FM (Tuscaloosa, AL).
Worked as DJ for WVSU-FM (Birmingham, AL), WUAL-FM (Tuscaloosa, AL), WTBC-AM/ WUOA-FM (Tuscaloosa, AL).
Provided voice talent for WERC-AM/FM (Birmingham, AL), WZGC-FM (Atlanta, GA), WTIX-AM (New Orleans, LA), WSOC-AM/FM (Charlotte, NC).
Five years as guest host for "Money Talks", a real estate call in show on WGST-AM (Atlanta, GA).
Now frankly, my sense of how to SELL with my voice came from four years telemarketing for small market radio stations, selling "cause" campaigns in such small towns as Boaz, AL, Alexandria, LA, Johnson City, and Chattanooga, TN. Having to make a sell an hour taught me to listen to the local accent and rhythm and emulate it. It's the ability to think in the manner that my target audience thinks that has made me a much better salesman.
*First Class FCC Radio Engineers License, 1971
*BA, Broadcast Film Communications, University of Alabama 1973.
*VoiceOver Certification Program, Clayton State University, 2009.
*Sang Baritone, Peachtree Presbyterian Church
*Won multiple talent night competitions, Rupert's Night Club (Atlanta, GA)
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Wood Hughes
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Wood Hughes by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Wood Hughes is a Standard subscriber.
• Wood Hughes was last active on Voice123 73 days ago