Baritone, good with accents and characters
Standard American baritone with Native proficiency in Spanish and English; familiar with a variety of accents in both English and Spanish; experience with audiobook narrations makes it easy to switch from dramatic narration to conversational and colloquial language
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• Spanish - Latin American Neutral
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have acted in Hindi, Arabic and Spanish, and can convincingly portray the full range of variants of Spanish and Latin American Spanish. In English I can convincingly portray English inflected with the various European, Slavic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian languages and more, as well as urban American Latino and Black (Northeast & Southwest U.S.), Deep South, Standard British and Cockney.
My Voice Experience
Walter Krochmal is a conservatory-trained actor with over 20 years of national and international experience in classics, modern, avant garde, folk and other genres, on stage, in film and in over 50 audiobooks. He's led a richly varied voice-over career that spans national network and cable television, radio and the Internet. He works in both English and Spanish, and narrated more than 40 audiobook titles in both languages.
• Currently heard on HBO's hit 24/7 series as the voice of Chad Knaus, team chief for NASCAR racer Jimmy Johnson.
• Becomes the Spanish voice for Boar's Head
• 6th season as one of the 4 official Spanish-language voices for the Academy Awards on ABC
• Completes two audiobooks, El Tercer Reich (Roberto Bolaños) and Ni chicha ni limonada (David Unger) in the first quarter
• Travels to Festival de Cannes as narrator and cast member of the short film Norman Normal: A Modern Metamorphosis.
• President Obama's Inauguration Concert (HBO). Voice-over and translation specialist.
He's narrated award winning documentaries and films. His voice has been a constant presence on HBO's Spanish-enhanced sports programs for 11 seasons now. Credits include Inside the NFL, Hard Knocks, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (as the voice of Bryant Gumbel), Costas Now!, The Joe Buck Show, World Championship Boxing, Boxing After Dark and others.
He has been at the forefront of what has become a booming sector of the voice-over market: Secondary Audio Program, or SAP, in Spanish. With his combined expertise as a voice over talent, critically acclaimed translator and editor, and Federally Certified Court Interpreter, Walter provides “one-stop shopping” to those companies that seek to reach the lucrative Spanish-language market with effectively crafted communications.
Credits in this area include simultaneous interpreting, script translation and voiceover for World News Tonight with Peter Jennings, the Presidential Elections of 2000, 2004 and 2008; the Latin Grammies (CBS); Local news stories for NY1 Noticias; and various international assignments for CNN en español.
On-air personality, independent producer and voice over narrations for WBAI 99.5 FM in New York
• Commercials voice overs for McDonald’s, Avaya, Curve and others
BA-MFA, Theater Arts, Brandeis University, documentary narrations, independent radio producer and personality, and now in my eighth season with HBO providing voices for a variety of Sports programs.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Walter Krochmal
Native speaker of Standard Broadcast American English and Standard Broadcast Latin American Spanish
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Walter Krochmal by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Walter Krochmal is a Standard subscriber.
Walter Krochmal does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Walter Krochmal was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Walter Krochmal does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Walter Krochmal was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.