Warm, personable, informative, funny, nuancy
On the alto-ish end, but I have a range of 4 octaves. Can sing, too, and usually come in on pitch even a cappella.
Voice is warm and personable but somewhat academic/intellectual, but I can play lots of roles. I tend to speak quickly when left to my own devices, but can slow down as needed.
Good at dramatic innuendos and subtle shadings of meaning.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can imitate just about anything that's put before me, but will now and then spontaneously lapse into Noo Yawk-ish, British, Indian or Southern/Black US accents.
Have been told I have "the perfect Billie Holiday sound-alike voice."
Can improvise in character, once I have a sense of the character.
My Voice Experience
I'm relatively new at voice-overing, but got a taste of the life when I starred as narrator in my first grade Christmas play at age 6.
I've enjoyed a remarkably productive mid-life crisis, and late-bloomed into a street singer/performer at the ripe old age of 43.
BFA from Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA, 1983, in Media and Peforming Arts
My Studio Equipment
None except for handheld digital voice recorder (makes WAV files, which I can convert to MP3s).
Substitute teaching in local public schools
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Valerie Promise by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Valerie Promise is a Standard subscriber.
Valerie Promise does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Valerie Promise was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Valerie Promise does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Valerie Promise was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.