Professional, insipiring, nicknamed "Little Parrot
- Smooth, inspiring, motivational, and trustworthy with complete strangers asking me "Do I Know You" with a huge smile on their faces for professional business training, sales, presentations, infomercials, live announcers, spokesperson, and commercials
- Professional, easy-going, "make the guest and audience feel comfortable and open" for podcasts, radio interviews, documentaries, and audiobooks
- Soft, velvety, yet intensely focused "I can listen to you talk all day" for adult content
- Comfortable, realistic, and conversational for interviews, teleconferences, online press conferences, live and podcast Internet radio shows and events
- I was called Little Parrot as a child. (See accents, dialects, impersonations or characterizations section)
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, New Jersey, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
My nickname as a child was Little Parrot because I would successfully mimic almost any sound, including the human voice that includes accents.
This became a bit problematic as an adult because I couldn't help but start speaking with an Spanish accent around Puerto Ricans, or an Italian accent around Italians, and people thought I was making fun of them. I learned that I had to focus on my own voice, so I wouldn't be a slave to the "Little Parrot". I still slip into it sometimes, but then hear how I'm speaking and stop it! LOL!
My Voice Experience
Imagine going about your day and having multiple people that you meet in the course of your activities asking you if you've met before, and then after listening to you, telling you that you have a WONDERFUL VOICE.
Imagine hosting and producing Internet radio programming featuring a range of guests from Grammy award-winning and independent music industry guest to psychics, astrologers, shamans, healers, and Internet industry professionals saying that they totally enjoyed being a guest on your show, how you put them at ease, and they love YOUR VOICE.
Imagine being a storyteller: writing short stories, screenplays and making them available online, and having your own peers who are also atorytellers saying to you: "You have an excellent READING VOICE."
Imagine all of these things happening to you. What would you do?
Exactly. I have surrendered. Here I am, offering to put my voice to work for you. Thank you.
*** My undergraduate degree is in English-Communications.
I have had classes in public speaking, organizational communications, and others that helped me fine tune my skills.
My favorite exercise in public speaking class was when the class wrote down a nonsensical topic, and I had 20 minutes to give a press conference on the topic they choose for me. The class gave me an A+ for giving an excellent press conference on an imaginary topic.
*** My graduate degree is in Interactive Telecommunications from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
I learned how to use the Internet and other media to create audio, visual, and primarily multimedia projects at NYU.
My Studio Equipment
My studio is home-based.
Hardware and Network
- Macintosh OS X (most recent version)
- ISDN, Broadband
- ACC, MP3, WAV, Ogg Vorbis
Music and Sound Libraries
- Creative Commons Licenses (for nonprofit projects)
- Access to various music and sound libraries, music supervisors and singer-songwriters (fee-based for profit projects)
*** I was a radio news announcer for WRFC "Top 40" Radio in Savannah, Georgia
*** I hosted and produced radio shows (Jazz radio and public affairs) at Savannah State College, Georgia
*** Currently, I am the producer and host of The Healing Artist Studio Project events on Blog Talk Radio with over 100,000 visitors and listeners to date.
*** I am a screenwriter and a development executive of film and television scripts, and perform readings of the scripts.
*** I have been a college and university faculty member at William Paterson University and Gibbs College using my voice on a regular basis to inform, educate, and of course, keep the students motivated and performing by entertaining them as well.
*** As the editor of Body Positive magazine in New York City, I conducted interviews and teleconferences.
*** Ethnicity and Heritage: African-American of English, Welsh, African and Native American descent.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Valerie Michele Oliver by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Valerie Michele Oliver is a Standard subscriber.
Valerie Michele Oliver does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Valerie Michele Oliver was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Valerie Michele Oliver does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Valerie Michele Oliver was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.