professional, energetic, smooth, dramatic, quirky
I am known as ‘SPARKS’. The name says it all, ‘SPARKS’!! I'm known for my Dynamic, Versatile, Animated, Energetic, Professional, Believable, Quirky, Crisp and Clear Voice covering a wide emotional range from subtle and soothing to over-the-top dramatic.
I deliver a believable voice for commercials, from the everyday person to the animated character – soothing voice for baby products, knowledgeable and reassuring for financial services, calm yet emphatic and professional for PSA’s, exciting and energetic when advertising sales or big events, convincing for Promos, and for narration I can sound pleasant, serious and real while being engaging and understandable. My delivery spans a wide vocal range and is genuine, regardless of the role or the job.
As a top media and entertainment talent I am a well recognized fixture (by face and voice) on the Jamaican Radio and TV landscape, offering a wide range of talents which include –
• Voiceover / Commercial Talent
• TV Talent Show Host – First ever female TV Host
for the longest running talent show in Jamaica;
completing a 3 year stint.
• Radio Show Host & DJ - First Female to host &
occupy a coveted, popular afternoon timeslot. I
currently drop and make the hits like its hot on
Zip 103 Fm (Jamaica) and Homeboyz Radio (Kenya)C
• Emcee and ‘Vibes Master’
• Outside Broadcaster
• Music Producer
From the aristocrat, to the professional, the take charge diva, the voice of authority when serious information needs to be communicated to the nation, mine is the voice that also pumps up crowds and morphs into many different personalities such as the voice of the ghetto girl, the sexy seductress, the narrator and a variety of cartoon characters. I can deliver all these and more with distinctive intonations. My voice has been, and can be heard on a wide range of radio and TV commercials, radio interviews, news, on-air contests and commentary.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
• Spanish - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Authentic Jamaican and Caribbean accents, British English, American English, Sophisticated, Radio Host, News Reader, Disk Jockey, Narrator, Convincing, Warm, Authoritative, Quirky, Animated, Aristocrat, Documentary, Cartoon character, take charge diva, voice of authority, announcer, ghetto girl, the sexy seductress, ability to switch back and forth seamlessly and effortlessly between accents – Chinese, Indian, French, Spanish, Caribbean, German, British.
My Voice Experience
Radio, Theatre, Television and Live Presentation work in front of live audiences.
I have done extensive voice work for clients in various areas including Telecommunications (MOSSEL – DIGICEL, FLOW & LIME), Retail Food (TANG, GRACE KENNEDY, KRAFT FOODS, YOPLAIT Caribbean Breast Cancer Campaign, Tastee, XLCR), Beverage (LASCELLES WINES AND SPIRITS - Angostura Brand; DIAGEO - Guinness and Heineken Brands, APPLETON JAMAICA RUM), Financial Institutions (BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA, FIRST GLOBAL BANK, Jamaica National), Appliances, Furniture and Household Items (SINGER), Educational (Heart Trust NTA), Medical (National Health Fund) and many more
My forte is being able to assume any character for a presentation and capture the essence of any message that needs to be conveyed. I can bring a script to life. I have done -
• Radio Specials - Write copy and narrate for several radio specials (e.g. Entertainment News, Celebrity Birthdays), delivering a blend of foreign and local accents, spiced with ad lib commentary that grabs the audience and keeps them ‘locked’.
• TV Specials - wrote copy and narrated several specials such as ‘Under the Law’.
• Telephone ‘message on hold’ for Cable & Wireless Telecommunications company, and several insurance companies
• Several PSAs (e.g. Jamaica Public Service Company, National Health Fund and the National Water Commission).
• Voice Campaign for the National Health Fund – official voice of the campaign to make Jamaica into a healthier nation via radio and TV spots, and a series of radio docudramas.
• Commercials – Voice talent for many radio and TV commercials in Jamaica, some of which have been aired in Jamaican diaspora markets overseas such as New York, South Florida and Toronto. Ads include Digicel, Cable & Wireless, Bank of Nova Scotia, First Global, Margaritaville Entertainment Complex, Grace Kennedy (aired in Canada and in the Caribbean), Dominos Pizza, Bill Express, Singer Electronics and Appliances, Jamaica National Building Society (aired in Canada, Caribbean and USA).
This voice commands your attention. It makes you STOP and LISTEN.
I hold a M.Sc International Business Management
I have done extensive voice work for a wide variety of corporations in Telecommunications (MOSSEL – DIGICEL), Retail Food (TANG, GRACE KENNEDY, Tastee, YOPLAIT), Financial Institutions (BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA, FIRST GLOBAL BANK, Jamaica National, Bill Express), Appliances, Furniture and Household items (SINGER), Educational (Heart Trust NTA), Medical (National Health Fund - NHF)
My forte is being able to assume any character for a presentation and capture the essence of any message that needs to be conveyed. I can bring a script to life. I have done -s Management.
My acting career started in 1999 with Theatre (I have worked on major productions with the top, recognized talent in Jamaica), soon there after I started film in a local soap opera in Jamaica (Royal Palm Estate) that is now shown in the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States (in select markets). My radio experience began at KLAS Fm, then it was on to FAME 95 Fm (here I started doing outside broadcasts and emceeing events), Zip 103 FM (did the Wake up and Afternoon show), RJR 94 Fm (where I hosted the afternoon show), IRIE FM (#1 Station in Jamaica) and I am currently at Zip 103 Fm & Irie Fm (Jamaica) and Homeboyz Radio (Kenya).
I also hosted The Tastee Talent Trail, the longest running talent show in Jamaica and I also do corporate parties, outdoor events and message on hold.
My Studio Equipment
State of the art equipment with Reasons, Pro Tools, Acid and Sound Forge. Good studio monitors, microphones and headphones. Sound proof studio. Mac Computers.
I presently do music production, voiceover work and work on the radio and television.
Unique talents –
• Able to read audiences quickly and captivate them
• Good vocal range – able to vocalize scripts so that they are appropriate for the target audience of the product that is being advertised.
• Specialist in all variations of the Jamaican and Caribbean accents, and able to mix them seamlessly with perfect British English, American English, Spanish and other accents, jumping back and forth with ease – an intriguing talent that attracts attention.
• Work well in highly stressful situations. Always able to improvise without rehearsal or preparation. Often called at the last minute to emcee, host shows or do interviews, and often hosts shows without seeing the script.
Known for my ability to conduct provocative interviews that enlighten with a unique style of keeping audiences engaged and entertained. Whether I am doing serious biographical interviews, using my vocal wizardry in a commercial or written dexterity to copywrite, I am the consummate professional. For me it is all about the arts with potions of science.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
To contact Tricia Spence by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Tricia Spence is a Standard subscriber.
• Tricia Spence was last active on Voice123 204 days ago