Warm, natural storyteller, guy-next-door, narrator
Like many who make their living primarily through voiceover recording, I have a wide range of styles. From high-energy retail to warm and trustworthy; intense movie/trailer sound to soothing audiobook narrations; authoritative announcer to various natural guy-next-door deliveries.
Look for my name: Todd McLaren.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Los Angeles, Southern California, Las Vegas, Florida, New England, New York, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
In years of performing in radio, TV, and film, and now in audiobooks, my work has required numerous accents that have become natural and comfortable.
These include (but are not limited to) Boston (blue collar), Boston Brahmin, New England, New England seacoast, mid-Atlantic, southern, English, Irish, some Scottish, French, German, mid-European, Russian, generic Asian, Cajun
My Voice Experience
My 20 Years of on-air broadcast experience generated tons of mail, but I ignored it all and stayed on the air anyway. That morphed into a flourishing voice over career that's included everything from over 5000 commercials recorded, to off-camera film and TV voice acting appearances, industrial narrations, cartoons, network promos, and audiobooks. But I'll also be thrilled to record your outgoing voicemail message, radio station imaging liners, or daily affiliate promos.
Yikes. Nothing like learning-by-doing. More than two decades of experience beats a few voice over workshops, no? (In fact, I've directed and taught at several voiceover workshops...) In addition, I work with the best Hollywood voice talent daily, stealing--I mean, uh, "gaining inspiration"--from their work, as they do with me.
In addition, I'm a director of several animation projects, and many commercials and promos. Having worked "both sides of the glass" I can contribute more to your project than just vocal performance (IF that's something you'd find valuable to you).
My Studio Equipment
Telus Zephyr Express, both MAC and PC platforms, protools, SoundForge; Sennheiser 416 and EV RE320 mics.
I've also worked in the advertising industry as a Creative Director, a Copywriter, and a Producer; and have been on stage in dozens of shows as an actor.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Todd McLaren by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Todd McLaren is a Standard subscriber.
• Todd McLaren was last active on Voice123 111 days ago