Flexible, astute, professional, quick, quality
Toby Ricketts has been behind a microphone for over two thirds of his life. Currently based in the wilderness of Middle-Earth, Toby works in 4 different world accents to provide world class voice overs for premium clients worldwide. With the best microphones money can buy, a custom made sound-proof cedar cabin in the middle of nowhere, and high-speed internet connectivity options, Toby has based his entire life around providing the worlds highest quality voice recordings possible. And he can do the same for you. Right now.
Toby is a very versatile and professional full-time producer and voice artist. His 13+ years behind a microphone, and producing other voice talents has given him a breadth of experience that is quite rare. Many international brands trust Toby for quality audio, delivered quickly at a competitive rate.
Toby's voice can be light and fun, to dark and intense, but always professional and clear, in his authentic accents of UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Having been in broadcasting since the age of 14, Toby has always been around microphones and recording equipment. His script interpretation skills are well advanced, and he has a very high level of recording experience and expertise.
Recent Client Feedback:
"Toby captured what we wanted in one take. He was fast and professional at every step. I would recommend him highly to anyone." - Steve Newberry, TopicSimple
"Toby provided a very professional service, fast turnaround and a fantastic delivery in his voice over for our animation." - Joel Somerfield, Thisisorder
"I just wanted to say a very big thank you for the work you did on Leaders' Map. It was great - just the right tone and feel for the video and the App!" - John Greenway, Leader's Map
"We laid your voice in the video and it turned out well. I am extremely pleased... Your work and voice are very professional, which is exactly what I
was looking for, thank you.
-Jed Smith, APL Crane, Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian
• English - British
• English - Other
• English - New Zealand
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Kaeo, New Zealand
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Toby has a natural UK British, New Zealand accent, and can also provide an authentic Australian accent.
He can do a range of US accents with practice, and comedy accents and characters for cartoon shows and sketches if required.
Can imitate Jony Ive / Jonathan Ive from the Apple videos, and can do a decent John Hurt, and Matthew Mccaugnahey also!
My Voice Experience
Having been a sound engineer for most of his professional life he has been in thousands of voice over sessions and consequently knows exactly what works and what does not work when it comes to voicing. The money you spend on professionalism will save you money in turnaround, and redos.
Toby started voicing in a truly professional manner in 2001 and since then has recorded scripts internationally, and been the voice of several national and international brands in his home country.
* qualified sound engineer with over 15 years experience, and a bachelors degree in Broadcasting Communications from the New Zealand Broadcasting School.
* Several national radio awards
* Designed and tutored a unique voice school - which helps aspiring voices into the industry - the only one of it's kind in the world
* Producer of thousands of advertisments and audio products
My Studio Equipment
Original Neumann Kmi84, with Arturia Audiofuse interface, and Adobe Audition CC 2018
Recording to any audio file format you need, and delivered via WeTransfer, dropbox pro, or email.
Monitoring via source-connect (pro and Now), skype, or phone patch.
Having spent so much time in the studio with other voice talents I can very quickly know what is need from a script and interpret the writer's intentions. I can also suggest improvements to a script if appropriate in terms of language and local dialect for the NZ, Australian and UK markets.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Toby Ricketts by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Toby Ricketts is a Platinum subscriber.
• Toby Ricketts was last active on Voice123 2 days ago