Believable, narrator, warm, confident, conversational
Professional, friendly, approachable, confident, informative, and believable.
Easy on the ears. Compelling narrations especially for museum projects, e-learning, how-to videos, medical information.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Pronunciation of French, Spanish and Italian words is very authentic.
My Voice Experience
Telling the story...engaging the listener
PBS narrations, promos and station imaging in several markets for more than 15 years.
IVR and "on-hold" recording specialist.
Expert narrator for corporate video, web and the occasional book.
Radio host. News director. PBS on-air talent.
Clients include Newsbeat, OttoRadio, SpokenLayer, Fixodent, Weight Watchers, American Express, Sephora, New York Institute of Technology, Pew Environmental Trust, City of New York 311, WNET, WLIW21, Detroit Public Television and many more!
Classes with Peter Rofe and John McKinney in NYC...instructor for broadcast performance at several universities.
My Studio Equipment
My soundproof studio includes a TLM-103 and an RE20 mic, Presonus and Grace M101 pre's, TASCAMHD-P2 recorder, WaveLab editing, Skype, phone patch
Immediate access to ISDN
Not only do I voice PBS promos and roll-ins, I wrote them for WLIW for years.
I've also written VNRs, and am skilled at simplifying technical knowledge for listeners and viewers who will ENJOY learning!
Grammar is a passion.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Susan Murphy by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Susan Murphy is a Standard subscriber.
• Susan Murphy was last active on Voice123 207 days ago