Sultry, Warm, Technical, Academic
My natural spoken voice is a lower pitch, and I can do natural reads in a professional or sultry tone. I can also present younger, playful variations as well as sexy or dramatic reads.
I have done characterizations using much higher and lower pitches, from adolescents to some older male voices.
I can do Southern accents, and voices with New York/New Jersey/Philadelphia inflections. I have also done Spanish/Latino, British, and Australian accents, and have a good enough ear to emulate other accents (French, Russian), and can do more with some prep time and practice, including created fantasy or science fiction languages.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
• Spanish - Latin American Neutral
• Spanish - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
Baltimore area, Maryland, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern accents, British accent, Australian accent, Spanish/Latino accent, New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia dialects.
My Voice Experience
I am currently the host & presenter for "Slice of SciFi", a genre entertainment podcast that had also previously aired on SiriusXM Radio. I have additional experience voicing commercials, and doing live ad reads on the shows.
I have been recording narrations for various short fiction podcasts, including the Hugo Award winning StarShipSofa podcast, Escape Pod, Tales to Terrify, Far Fetched Fables and more. I am also signed to work on a new paranormal thriller audio drama that is in pre-production.
My training comes from an ever-increasing amount of behind-the-mic experience reading scripted news, and conducting interviews. That experience is enhanced by my previous experience as a member of a concert choir, and my continuing experience as a writer/producer.
My Studio Equipment
Hardware: Blue Yeti USB Microphone
Software: Twisted Wave (Mac OS X)
I have over two decades of experience with internet technologies, website maintenance and design, and approximately 10 years experience with audio and video recording and editing.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Summer Brooks by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Summer Brooks is a Premium subscriber.
• Summer Brooks was last active on Voice123 2 days ago