If a Mojito could talk.. professional or fun guy
I have a natural baritone voice with good range that can be adapted for a variety of situations and scripts. I have portrayed voices aged mid 20s through senior citizens in projects ranging from training grocery store bag boys to Army Generals describing a battle.
I am frequently described by others as having an "everyday guy" voice in normal conversation.
I take direction very well if my choices are not what clients are looking for, and am very easy to work with.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Other kids grew up wanting to be cowboys or firemen...I wanted to be Mel Blanc, so I spent hours practicing cartoon voices and can mimick many Warner Brothers and Disney characters. I have developed several "go to" characters that have been adapted to meet different project needs.
With my significant international travel and exposure to other languages, I can perform Russian, German, French, Italian, and Eastern European accents for the right type of projects.
My Voice Experience
Following over 25 years of delivering presentations, training, public speaking and master of ceremonies activities for companies such as IBM, Bush Gardens, HP, Microsoft, etc., I began voice acting in earnest. I continue to run my sales consulting practice, but devote increasing time to my long term and serious pursuit of Voice Acting.
I have been successful in developing clients and repeat business for multiple types of projects. Here are some selected projects that highlight my VO experience.
Dunkin' Donuts- Regional Television commercial
Public Servants TV Show- Cast to portray 3 different characters in this 30 minute animated comedy series. Still in pre-production but a really fun project!
PicoWay- Character voice of "Dragon" a reluctant target in a tattoo removal video.
Museum Exhibits- Gettysburg Seminary Museum, Fort McHenry Museum, Freedom of Religion Museum- Brought multiple historic figures to life by giving voice and personality to their letters, speeches, and memos.
Supercool Creative- Provided "gritty character voice" for web hunting and fishing video
Batman and X-Men web series episodes- Multiple and varied supporting character roles
Corporate Narration - Aquaspark, Carousel, Safeway- Narrated a series of 3 Courtesy Clerk training videos
Character Roles- Duke Energy- Character in 2 HR videos,
Sales Training - Open Text, Net App – Wrote and narrated self-study sales training videos
Red Rock Productions- Humorous Coach encouraging runners
I received a BA in Business from Muskingum, a liberal arts university in Ohio. Since getting into Voice Acting in earnest, I have attended multiple Voice Over training classes and workshops:
* Introduction to Voice over with Bob Carter and September Day
* 8 week Voice over training with Bob Carter
* Animation workshop with Katie Leigh
* Voice Over coaching workshop with David Goldberg
* Edge Studio private coaching
* Gravy for the Brains self study training
* Improv training at Voice Over City
* Script Analysis training with Abacus Entertainment
* GVAA Character Training
* VO Atlanta 2016
I have performed on stage from an early age and after Atlanta's recent movie and television explosion, renewed my interest in acting in addition to VO work. Completed coursework:
* On Camera Acting 1 and 2
* Hypnosis for actors
* Script Memorization Techniques
* Ongoing script analysis workshops
In addition, I have portrayed a background actor in over 25 productions shot here in Atlanta as my calendar allows.
My Studio Equipment
As part of my production team resources, I have access to multiple studios in Atlanta with state of the art equipment to satisfy any request including ISDN and Source Connect.
My personal sound studio is 100% lined with Next Acoustics Vtrax foam and double-hung Audimute absorption sheets. I use my Neumann TLM 103 or Sennheiser MKH 416 microphones for most projects, but also have two Rode microphones,(Broadcast and NT1A) for variety, Adobe Audition 5.5, KRK Rokit 5 monitors run through a Focusrite Scarlett 6I6 interface. Headphones are Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm.
I can deliver recordings in any agreed to edited format.
I can relate to corporate America and the small business entreprenuer as I have done both in my career. I have been running my own business for 11 years so understand working with deadlines, budgets, and selecting the right projects.
My first hand experience in high tech sales and global account management, could be handy for certain clients.
I enjoying working in collaborative teams and having fun while creating outstanding results.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Steve Porter by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Steve Porter is a Premium subscriber.
• Steve Porter has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours