Mid-to-low, Versatile, Character
Smooth, warm, deep, slow and sexy. Character voices. Fun and exciting rapid read. Extremely versatile.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Walter Cronkite, John Lennon, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Alfred Hitchcock, Quebecois (French Canadian ala Jean Chretien) hockey player, gay, pirate, parrot, Latka (from Taxi), Dudley Doright-esque, Marvin Martian, Cliff Clavin-ish (from Cheers), demonic, Yoda, Grover, Cookie Monster
My Voice Experience
Although my profile lists my voice over career as starting in 1980, I have actually been using my voice 'theatrically' since about 1968.
I was the original telephone answering machine. Before such technology existed I would convey messages to my father using the voice of the person who called.
My vocal talents lead me to become a member of the North American Association of Ventriloquists for several years. After leaving the stage I went on to a sixteen year journey through the world of radio broadcasting. One program director commented that I was, "Probably the best character voice performer in radio." At one point in time (1982) I could be heard at the same time on every radio station in Kingston, Ontario. I was live on one station and provided character voices for all of the other announcers around town.
Past voice work has included:
* Commercials: Over 15,000
* Audio Books: St. Mary’s University, Halifax 30 various fiction and non-fiction
* Recorded Band Intros: various bands
* IVR: Kantar Operations, Toronto
The Operations Centre, Toronto
Goldfarb Consultants, Toronto
* Character Voices: various radio stations in Canada
* Emcee: Various venues and events
Loyalist College, Belleville, Ontario. Radio Broadcasting.
My Studio Equipment
At present I have an AT2020 microphone with shockmount. A Behringer Xenyx502, an ART CleanboxII and Creative Studios Soundblaster sound card are also in the mix. I find the software program Audacity works well. The Creative Wave studio Seven is also good for audio production. I also have access to dozens of sound studios around Toronto.
I have copy writing experience. I'm good with ideas and helping people flesh out their concepts.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Steven Mittler by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Steven Mittler is a Standard subscriber.
• Steven Mittler was last active on Voice123 50 days ago