My voice has been described as moderately deep, articulate and animated. Depending on the read, I can create the low ominous car-commercial feel, animated storybook style, or straight educational narration.
My career has been in microprocessor and hi-tech electronics design, so I'm highly technical and very accurate & articulate in speech.
- For narrative projects, my read is very straightforward with a touch of enthusiasm to keep the interest. But also instructive, with precise articulation so that the listener can grasp the terms.
- For childrens books, two types of reads. One that's enthusiastic with a lot of energy and character for preschool fun, and the other more quiet and calming for night-time books.
- For commercials, my best read is 'real-person' dialog, with a warm deep voice, guy next-door style. But I can definitely hit that deep, dramatic movie-trailer style if that's what you're looking for.
- For cartoon and video-game work, whatever the character calls for, enthusiastic, demanding, insane, high/low pitch, fast or slow talk, as well as tough military type roles. I enjoy picking up a bizarre character and working with you to bring it to life.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern California native accent is natural for me, but can also create many characters, young, middle aged and more senior/old.
- Similar to James Earl Jones, Don LaFontaine, Morgan Freeman
- Neutral American English
- California Native
- Southern Drawl or Surfer Dude for Cartoon Characters
- Bad attitude or Tough-guy
My Voice Experience
AIRS-LA - VO and produce weekly podcasts and recorded readings for the Blind and Sight-Impaired.
Years of reading childrens books aloud at home and schools, imitating character voices on the fly.
Have done TV Commercials, Animated Characters, Business Promos, and various other Corporate video voice-overs.
Partial Client List:
- TV Commercial, Alaska - Haru Sushi
- Children's Cartoon - Miro the Bear
- Historical Presentation - U.S. Parks Service
- Werner Electric, Wisconsin - Annual Corporate Video
- LeShop, Switzerland - Internet Promotion
- HyperKinetic Productions
- BizzBuzz Studios, LLC
- Coalesce Marketing & Design
Computers & Electronics :
- B.S. in Computer Science, Cal-State Northridge, CA
Voice-Over Courses :
- Promos and Trailers
- Voicing with Character
- VO Masters Training with Bill Farmer
My Studio Equipment
Computer running Ubuntu Linux
Samson C01U USB Mic, C03U Mic, Logitech Mic
Audio-Technica Studio Headset
Plus easy access to several studios in the L.A. area
Currently volunteer on AIRS-LA, reading and producing weekly Smithsonian and AARP magazine articles for the blind and vision impaired.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Steve Krattiger by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Steve Krattiger is a Standard subscriber.
Steve Krattiger does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Steve Krattiger was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Steve Krattiger does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Steve Krattiger was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.