Warm, welcoming, authoritative and reassuring
1. Smooth and professional business presentations
2. Authoritative news/documentary approach
3. Reassuring or hard-sell radio/tv spots & infomercials
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Oregon, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
North American (general stage diction and mid/southern)
My Voice Experience
In grade school I wrote produced and voiced all the characters in my recorded book reports. At sixteen, rehearsal in my home studio earned my first radio job in Los Angeles. Twenty years, and lots of radio & TV stations later, I would have the opportunity to voice some of the classic infomercials (Blu Blocker Shades, George Hamilton Skin Care, Blue Jeans Millionaire, Cigarest, The Helsinki Formula, Abdominizer, etc.). While Sr. VP and technical director at an ad agency, our company set So. Calif. records with customized radio, tv and web campaigns. Over the years these experiences have given me the ability to create a successful campaigns for you as well!
I have always studied professional voices and eventually trained as a singer. While performing as a singing MC, voice coach and Public Speaking/Mass Comm instructor, I've learned to draw in an audience, hold them close and make them feel comfortable. It's been a great joy teaching others to sing and speak with ease, and savor the satisfying experience of performing.
On the tech side, there's the FCC broadcast license, audio engineering and acoustics cert. With those tools, I've designed and implemented A/V systems for studios, churches, and trade shows.
My Studio Equipment
Microphones: Shure SM5-B processed only by a tube pre-amp into a Delta sound card. Also available sE X1R and RCA 74B.
Software: SAWstudio, Adobe Audition, Studio One 3 Pro, Kontakt 5, Premier Pro, Resolve, various UAD, Waves, and iZotope plug-ins.
Because my primary job is audio editing for broadcast, you can be confident that the quality is there. So are the special effects if need be.
Here's the key to advertising success: bombastic music and laser cannon effects are a crutch. A dry voice that know's where it's going beats the rest every time, handsdown!
Want to cut through the clutter on the radio? Want a TV viewer to remember your message instead of your stunt? Trust those who've done it, and have proven it works. Those 400 cars sold in one weekend, at a single L.A. dealership, didn't just happen; it was voiced!
Payment Methods Accepted
To contact Steve Atkins by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Steve Atkins is a Standard subscriber.
• Steve Atkins was last active on Voice123 43 days ago