Warm, smooth, deep, genuine, versatile.
A warm, friendly, approachable delivery but always versatile - sensitive to intense, low-key to high-energy. Significant low-end but not a bass-only voice. Non-announcery, wry, authoritative and real person.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: Variations on Southern accents (Virginia aristocrat, North Carolina, deep south, Texas), a Sam Elliott-type, a little British, a little German, a little Swedish, a little French. I have a delivery reminiscent of Morgan Freeman, although it's not an impersonation. Character voices include mob boss, "elvish old man", demon, and various cartoon voices.
My Voice Experience
TV, radio, non-broadcast, gaming, corporate, radio imaging.. whatever. I love it all! Thanks to a long career in broadcasting, production, copywriting, recording and sound design I've seen it all and I get it - whatever's thrown at me.
Over 25 years of experience in broadcasting, audio production, voice talent and copywriting. I've taken voice coaching classes and lots of direction.
My Studio Equipment
Shure KSM32 into a classic Valley 401 as a preamp with a touch of compression from an Alesis 3630 mainly as a gate. From there into a Mackie 1604 hitting a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre interface before it hits Pro Tools. Source Connect-ready if clients would prefer to record from a studio. Phone patch via Skype.
Copywriting, production, sound design, music composition. I'm also a podcaster, producing a twice-weekly podcast featuring music from the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jay Smack by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jay Smack is a Premium subscriber.
• Jay Smack was last active on Voice123 5 days ago