Bilingual, English and genuine French Canadian.
23 years of voice experience!
I'm bilingual (North American English and a genuine French Canadian) and efficient voice artist.
I can offer you the best option in terms of voice diversity and quality!
My years of experience as an actor and voice talent insures I can deliver any and all kind of tone and voice for your project!
I am a highly versatile voice talent. I can do anything from a formal narration - either in French Canadian or international French- to any kind of character, whether it's a credible true-life person or a cartoon character.
Describe your needs, and together we'll find just the right touch for your upcoming recordings.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• French - Canadian
• French - European
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
- True, Genuine French Canadian, both in French and in English. This is my first language.
- International, formal French. I have more than 500 one hour shows as a principal role or narrator on tv shows for the international French market.
- English: my accent in English can be adjusted to your needs, from North American English, English with a French Canadian accent, or French accent, to European English (NOT British).
My Voice Experience
I first started working with my voice on the radio. I worked 17 years behind a mike, mostly as a morning-man for "Zoo" kind of morning shows. Therefore, I started creating characters for thousands of humor bits for those shows.
During that "era", I also developed my skills, using my voice to record between 5 to 20 thirty-seconds spots daily. I also started working on TV, first for TV commercials, then for voice-over work on American or British shows dubbed in French.
I then went back to my roots: Acting. Which gave me even more opportunities to work as a voice talent as well! Actors that can also work with their voices are highly seek in many markets, as you might know. I did more and more voice over/dubbing work, so much that it rapidly became my first source of income way before I left the radio behind in 2007.
Today, I estimate that I did more than 2 000 humor bits, close to 10 000 local radio commercials, close to 1 000 national radio commercials, more than 500 one hour tv shows as a lead character or the main narrator (dubbing in french).
I am also the French Canadian voice talent with the most "live on tape" experience: In the last 18 months alone, I dubbed in French 299 one hour poker shows for NBC's "Poker After Dark", PokerStarsnet's "High Stake Poker" and "The Big Game". And the latter is still in session.
Some of the Major businesses I worked for:
- The Source
- Philips Medical
- Vtech/AT&T answering systems
- MAC productions
- Kawasaki Canada
- Full Tilt Poker
- The Miriam Fundation
- Mc Donald's
Some of the TV Shows I dubbed, either as the lead Character and/or as the main Narrator:
- Bizarre Foods (still in session).
- Ghost Hunters (3 seasons).
- Monster Nation.
- Reality Stars of Today: A look behind the scene.
- All the poker shows mentioned above.
- Also, I contributed to many tv shows as a recurrent Character of an episodical Character.
College: Art et Technologie des Médias, Jonquière
Acting: Ivana Chubbuck Studio, Los Angeles.
My Studio Equipment
I have my home studio, using my Mac System and a Gtrack Studio Condenser Microphone.
Reliable, Professional, highly versatile voice talent.
Payment Methods Accepted
To contact Simon Scott by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Simon Scott is a Standard subscriber.
• Simon Scott was last active on Voice123 265 days ago