A distinct, stylish, clear & memorable voice.
When you want a voice that is distinct, strong and resonant, mine is the voice that you want. I will bring style and grace to my delivery, and I have a genuine, lyrical, friendly sound that will draw in listeners and capture an audience. I have had experience in radio and theater and have successfully trained and coached high school orators to State titles and National trophies. I have had a life-long love for the written and spoken word. I hear the cadence of every syllable and music in every sound. I will bring enthusiasm and sincerity to my work. Do listen to my demo and give me a call.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have a convent educated Indian English voice.
I can also sound perfectly British.
I'd love to do children's books by imitating the characters in the story.
My Voice Experience
Voicemail for phone systems
Commercial ad for dance School
Narration for Yoga manual
Marketing video for non profit
Narrator for Social documentaries
Public Radio Perspective
I have a BA and MA in English Literature.
I was the news director for my college radio station in Upstate New York.
I have a Broadcasting certificate from CA and a lapsed FCC license.
I was the first English language voice for Calcutta TV and anchored a few TV shows before moving to the US as a student. I was active on stage (Bassanio in an all-female production of Merchant of Venice, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet and the lead in JOhn Osborne's Look Back in Anger)and radio in India and won awards for Elocution and debate.
I've coached High schoolers in California to State wins in Speech.
I was on KQED's Perspective series (Public TV)
My Studio Equipment
Able to use a private home office and Audacity software for home recordings.
I am an excellent writer and can assist with scriptwriting and editing. My long career in Development and grant writing has honed my ability to deliver the message.
I am willing and able to travel.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan is a Standard subscriber.
• Shobha Tharoor Srinivasan was last active on Voice123 22 days ago