Clear, Warm, Bright, Authentic Southern, Natural
Late 20's - Late 30's sound
Clear, warm and bright
Savvy and sarcastic
Soothing and natural
Authentic Southern accent when needed
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Los Angeles (Southern California), California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Proficient in several dialects, including Standard British, Cockney, Irish, New York, Midwestern, Southern Belle, and 'Country/Redneck' Southern. And my Southern dialect is authentic, as I'm originally from Alabama.
I'm also excellent at portraying a number of age ranges - from young child (girl or boy!), to teenage girl, to soccer mom, to grandmother!
My Voice Experience
I'm a graduate of Nancy Wolfson's Braintracks Audio course of study.
I began working as a voice talent in 2003, focusing on commercial work. I've done spots for McDonalds, Palmyra Medical Center, Southern Living Magazine, the Alabama State Bar, and Gatlinburg Tourism, to name a few.
My strength lies in the fact that I've been an actor for over 10 years, beginning with theatre studies in college. Naturalism and believability come very easily for me.
I have home recording capabilities - Audacity for PC, recording with a Rode mic. But I'm also conveniently located in Los Angeles, CA and am more than happy to come to you!
Check out my website!
Commercial Voiceover - Nancy Wolfson, Braintracks Audio, L.A.
Animation Voiceover - MJ Lallo, MJ Productions, L.A.
Scene Study, Sal Romeo - L.A.
BFA Performance, Auburn University Telfair Peet Theatre
My Studio Equipment
Audacity Recording Software
RODE Podcaster Mic
My experience in improv and sketch comedy make me a great comedic voice talent!
Worked in advertising/post-production for 6 years, so I'm familiar with the other side of the commercial industry as well!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Shannon Hodson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Shannon Hodson is a Standard subscriber.
• Shannon Hodson was last active on Voice123 298 days ago