Professional, quirky, warm, sensual, natural
My voice can sound professional for narrations, medical and scientific jobs. It is also quirky and sensual lending itself to a variety of commercials. I can be a grandmother, a doctor, or other audio requiring a middle aged or senior female.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
My Voice Experience
I am a clinical psychologist who began doing voice overs by recording relaxation tapes with my patients. I also had a call in radio show "Ask the Psychologist.
I have performed in radio plays, recorded commercials and narrated 2 audiobooks available at audible.com.
I also recorded a podcast series called "Woman Going Sane"
I have been an invited public speaker at national meetings.
I earned my Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Saint Louis University and taught psychology classes.
My acting coach is Carrie Houk.
My voice over coaches include Doriane Elliott, Roger Becker, Lisa Fischoff, Amanda Mickey
I attended an on camera seminar with Barry Shapiro.
I have attended seminars at Actors Connection and online webinars through Edge Studios and other voice over sites.
My Studio Equipment
I record on my MacBook Pro using a Tascam interface and Bluebird mic. I record using Garageband and edit on Twisted Wave.
Having my doctorate in clinical psychology has prepared me to record medical narrations and other technical, scientific scripts. The vocabulary is very familiar to me.
Having performed in radio plays, I enjoy doing character scripts.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Ruth Oakes by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Ruth Oakes is a Standard subscriber.
Ruth Oakes does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Ruth Oakes was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Ruth Oakes does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Ruth Oakes was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.