Professional, calm, soothing - but sometimes zany!
I've spent probably years of my life on conference calls - so my voice tends to be a warm, soothing, calm, professional voice - the voice of someone you can trust!
My favourite things to do that are funny are sarcasm, and embedding dry humour in voiceovers.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Portland, Oregon, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
My background is Sri lankan-Canadian, and so I can do a mean Indian accent. I'm good with accents in general - and if I spend time listening to a specific accent, I can imitate it after some practice.
My Voice Experience
I'm breaking into the industry, and I'm very passionate about it! I've wanted to do voice work since I was twelve.
The most natural type of voicework for me to do right now would definitely be professional narrative voicework. This is how I naturally speak in my current line of work where I work with my clients on the phone all day.
I have a Computer Systems Engineering Degree, but don't worry - I don't sound like an engineer (unless you want me to!)
I do have about 12 years of training in classical piano, and am comfortable with music.
The bulk of my voice experience comes from chairing countless conference calls in my IT career.
My Studio Equipment
I am able to perform basic voice recording right now. I have a Rode NTG-2 shotgun microphone, and my long-term goal is to eventually have dedicated recording studio space in my home. I am able to do basic voice/sound editing using Audacity.
I have been imitating telephone IVRs for fun since I've been twelve.
I've been chairing conference calls in my job as a technical customer support analyst for IBM for over 5 years.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Ruban Lawrence by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Ruban Lawrence is a Standard subscriber.
• Ruban Lawrence was last active on Voice123 71 days ago