Warm, deep, elegant, classy, professional, caring, thoughtful, attractive, believable
I use my naturally warm, deep voice for narration and documentary style, sounding both authoritative and engaging. I can alter my pitch to sound younger or older depending on the needs of the individual project. I use a smooth, clean, professional, sophisticated tone for IVRs and presentations. My accent can vary for corporate video - is a trustworthy, down-to-earth Northern English accent more apt, or an elegant RP? How about energetic Welsh, funky London or dreamy Southern drawl? I have a very wide range of accents, particularly British regional. In videogames, my voice is as well-suited to a flirty barmaid as to a strict school ma'am, evil queen or saucy Landgirl.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can perform many British regional accents - South/West/Standard Welsh; generic Northern English plus West Yorkshire and Lancashire; Birmingham; Liverpool; standard West Country; Cockney. Also standard Northern and Southern Irish, standard Australian, standard American and Southern drawl.
My Voice Experience
- Lead female role in the game RAID: World War 2, available summer 2017. High RP.
- Several NPCs in Bioware's award-winning video game Dragon Age: Inquisition (November 2014) including a flirtatious Welsh barmaid, a posh Elven apothecary, a rough Northern English bandit and a bereaved elderly woman with a neutral British accent. Recorded in studio. I have also provided vo for InXile Entertainment and Starbreeze.
- numerous corporate videos, for large companies such as AveryDennison, Schneider Electric, ThomsonReuters, Age UK, and Baume & Mercier, as well as many for smaller firms.
- Extensive experience in medical and scientific narration. I am well-versed in complex pronunciations and technical terms. Clients include Oxford University, Schneider Electric, Caterpillar Global Mining, and Roche Pharmaceuticals.
- Audiobook narration - a sampler for a horror story, several chapters of a SciFi novel, numerous poems and a dramatic reading of Scripture set to an orchestral score.
- Many commercials and explainers for, eg, a pest control company; a medicine to improve symptoms of IBS, an employee engagement app, and a commercial for a home security firm.
- A 90 minute E-learning project for an automobile point-of-sale system, which involved some tricky terminology and pronunciation, as well as the strict timing of words to video.
- IVR messages for a dental company, a cosmetic surgeon, and a law firm, amongst others.
University of Kent at Canterbury - English and American Literature with Comparative Literary Studies and Drama 1994-97
City University, London - MSc Information Science
Stirling Academy Bolton - Acting Foundation Course 2006-2007
Yorkshire School of Acting - acting for screen (ongoing)
My Studio Equipment
Windows PC running Audacity and Reaper
Macbook Pro with Final Cut Express
Audio Technica AT2030 Condenser Microphone
I am a professionally trained actress, with experience in theatrical and screen performances. I particularly enjoy comedy and improvisation. My training is ongoing with the Yorkshire School of Acting.
I was a researcher, news librarian and Media Manager at BBC Manchester 2001-2008. Skills learned whilst there include writing copy, filming and editing. I also provided voicework for a couple of small in-house corporate productions.
I have a post graduate qualification in Information Science, specialising in Media Research. I am familiar with all relevant terminology in regards to Information Management. I also worked in a Law library, giving me familiarity with legal terminology.
I have done extensive volunteer work at local schools and playgroups, reading to and with children of nursery and primary school ages.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Rosemary Alldred by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rosemary Alldred is a Premium subscriber.
• Rosemary Alldred has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours