Soothing, Authorritative, Mysterious, Deep
Soothing: This is how most of my friends and family describe my natural conversational voice. It is a smooth and relaxing voice and yet quite dynamic. It is best suited for commercial work and light narrative or poetry. I have employed it in various public speaking situations ranging from announcing at a progressive art rock festival to conducting a memorial service for a close relative.
Authoritative: This voice comes from my 30+ years career as an academic psychologist. Throughout my academic career I gave many scientific presentations at both local and national level conferences. I also have extensive teaching experience at both undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of physiological psychology, neuroscience, statistics and bio-statistics and have mentored several graduate student dissertations. As a result of this experience, I have a good working knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical vocabulary, especially with respect to brain anatomy and physiology. This voice is best suited for health industry commercials and narratives, as well as other narratives that are instructive in nature.
Mysterious: While not my natural conversational voice, this voice comes very easy to me. It is the sort of voice I use when telling a spooky story around a campfire or reading dark poetry. The voice has as its main influence, one of my favorite voices of all times, Vincent Price. While not an imitation, it is influenced by Price's style, timing and delivery and has a bit of a Gothic quality to it. This voice is best suited for dark or suspenseful narratives and poetry.
Deep: My voice has a very low resonant range. This might be suitable for certain types of applications that require a very sonorous voice.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Roland Erwin
My Voice Experience
My experience includes:
- Over 30 years public speaking experience presenting scientific research at local, national and international conferences.
- 12 years experience teaching courses to graduate and medical students
- extensive experience working with voice acquisition, editing and production for scientific experiments in the area of brain and language function. Also extensive experience in general signal processing as part of my career as a psychophysiologist.
- Announcer at a progressive art rock festival for last 5 years
- Voice over station ID for progressive rock internet radio station
Ph.D. in Psychology from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, IL 1981. Dissertation: Event Related Potential Indices of Ambiguous Sentence Processing.
Voice Over Master Class with Such a Voice Inc, Burlington Vt, 2009.
My Studio Equipment
Microphone: AKG C414BXLII with shock mount and pop filter
Voice Acquisition System: Digidesign Mbox II Mini with Pro Tools LE 8.01
Unknown - Click here to ask Roland Erwin
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Roland Erwin by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Roland Erwin is a Standard subscriber.
Roland Erwin does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Roland Erwin was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Roland Erwin does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Roland Erwin was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.