Announcer, characters, wide range, some accents
I have done a wide range of things, mostly in the commercial market. My commercial demo reel will show wry humor, energetic characters, and straight announcers. On a smaller scale, I have done industrial/educational video narrations with a lot of medical and techological terminology. I have read to picture, both for narration and ADR. I have done animated characters for commercials and product videos.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, New Hampshire, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Blue collar, Southern American, rural, Boston/New England, limited British, guy next door, legal copy, normal college educated guy, military, humor, sarcasm, grief-stricken, pirate, Yosemite Sam, friendly announcer, "Hallmark" announcer
My Voice Experience
Most of my voice work is in the realm of friendly announcer, or guy next door character. I also have done quite a few things where I play an announcer who is actually a character--perhaps interviewing someone in a scripted, humorous way. I have been told and have received work because my characters are believable and do not sound like they are being read. Conversational humor is one of my favorite things to perform. I have been in more spots than I can remember, but some of them have been for: McDonalds, Dunkin' Donuts, Parker Brothers, AutoNation, Connecticut Lottery, The Boston Herald, Fallon Health Care, Pedialyte, Marshalls, Jiffy Lube, Bank Boston (now defunct), Top Flite, The Portland Pirates, 600lb Gorilla Cookies, Arbella Insurnace, Tufts Health Care, CeltiCare, Papa Gino's and a bunch of other things.
- BA in Communications from Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- Worked in radio from 1972-1976.
- Worked location sound on film crews from 1976-1980
- Worked at Universal Recording in Chicago in the commercial Film Mixing Dept. from 1980-1986.
- Have worked in commercial post production and radio production since 1980 at various studios around the country to the present day at my own studio, Burning Bridge in Boston Massachusetts.
- Have Clio Awards, Hatch Awards, NEBA Awards, Radio Mercury Award, London International Award, Advertising Age Best of Broadcast Award.
- Nominated for an Oscar as part of the team that worked on an animated short for Encyclopedia Britannica, sometime in the 80's. "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
- Nominated for an Emmy in Chicago for a blues documentary entitled "Sweet Home, Chicago". Didn't win.
My Studio Equipment
- Neumann microphones.
- ProTools HD
- Genelec monitors
- FTP site
- Certified Source Connect studio
- Can hook with traditional ISDN (APT, Telos, etc) through bridging network.
- All major music libraries.
- All major sound effects libraries.
I think I've covered just about everything.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Rick Sweetser by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rick Sweetser is a Standard subscriber.
Rick Sweetser does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Rick Sweetser was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Rick Sweetser does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Rick Sweetser was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.