Intelligent, authoritative narrator/trainer
I specialize in narration/training voices, with a rich, versatile tone. I pride myself in my clean and professional reads. My training experience and years as a litigation attorney have strongly influenced my characterization.
I enjoy adapting to direction, for audition or recording purposes. Need multiple reads with various inflections? Can do. Like subtlety? Me too.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Rochester, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
None. It's not what I do.
My Voice Experience
Over the past nine years, I've voiced hundreds of industrial and training pieces; recorded countless radio and TV spots; created two audiobooks (total of 18 hours); and delivered at least 200 web-based trainings.
Past clients include Volvo, Bank of America, The Getty Museum, Kodak, Bayer, Carestream Health, Technoquimicas, 4 Wheel Parts, and Astra Zeneca.
Juris Doctor, SUNY Buffalo
Bachelor of Arts, Boston College
I'm a former litigating attorney who decided to save his soul before it got too late. I conducted hundreds of trials and hearings, and have been a public speaker in many capacities for fifteen years.
I'm a true voice actor, and my significant stage experience has kept me sharp.
My Studio Equipment
I use an AT2020 Cardioid Condenser mic, or a Shure PG58 mic; an ART Tube MP Project Series pre-amp; Audacity; and a soundproof home studio.
I can make text sound sincere, fluid and gorgeous. It's called acting.
In addition, I consider myself a resource for those putting together voice-driven training modules, using my experience to suggest edits, alterations, strategies, etc. -- or, of course, I can deliver copy as written. Those being trained will believe I'm speaking extemporaneously rather than from a script.
Lastly, I often serve (upon request) as an editor of copy. With the client's permission, I can transform text into its most "readable" form. I'll happily take copy and deliver it as written -- or will fine-tune it, THEN bring it to life vocally. For the past two audiobooks I completed, I was also hired to edit the text version.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Rick Staropoli by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rick Staropoli is a Standard subscriber.
• Rick Staropoli was last active on Voice123 114 days ago