Warm, Character specialist, Contralto
Vocal quality, pitch, and tone should be considered on a project-by-project basis. A children's book reading from, say, Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book would be warm, gentle, rhythmic, a calming blanket. Reading a political piece would need sharper, more direct articulation. Commercials are incredibly varied - and can go from sultry to playful to convicting. I took four years of Russian between high school and college and can speak reasonably well.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Dallas, Austin, Texas, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Hispanic, Indian, Boston, Asian, Child-like, Elderly
My Voice Experience
My father always told me I would be a "Jack of all-trades and master of none." He said it with distain, as if that were a bad thing. "But what of Renaissance men?" - I thought. They are spoken of in a positive light, but a woman with varied interests is simply scatterbrained.
What he failed to see is that is what I wanted. To have a career where I can be anything for a short time - an astronaut, a teacher, a singer, the president - I can travel through time, or across great lands, and speak the languages of a thousand waters, feel the crossroads of the four winds on my skin.
I have been Belle in Scrooge's England, Julie of Jake's Women, a host of character's heard on Texas Radio Theatre from a child to a granny, a northeastern secretary to a seductive fortune-teller. I worked as a DJ for a time years ago in Waco, TX.
- Competitive vocal jazz groups in high school
- Major in broadcasting at Baylor University - Waco, TX
- Vocal performance - Major field of study at Belmont University, Nashville, TN
- Theatre performances
- Vocalist at Jonnie High's Counrty Music Revue/local churches
* DJ at KWBU 107.1 FM - Waco, TX
* TEXAS RADIO THEATRE - Arlington, Texas
-Brooklyn Secretary - Seductive fortune teller - fairy/elf - NASA announcer - British
business assistant - Hispanic saloon patron
*Acting I w/Gail Cronaeur at Collin College
*Camera Acting w/John S. Davies at KD Studios, Dallas, TX
*Improv I, II, & III at KD Studios, Dallas, TX
*Theatre: 1. "Ebeneezer Scrooge" - "Belle" - Pocket Sandwich Theatre, Dallas
2. "Jake's Women" - "Julie" - Rockwall Community Playhouse, Rockwall, TX
My Studio Equipment
Software - Fruity Loops, Acid, ProTools, PhotoShop, mic equipment, filters, sound effects
*My personal audio engineer and producer, my husband, Nathan Jordan
Worked as an Operations Consultant with franchisees from a national resaraunt chain for seven years - while being a mother - and balancing several performances at the same time.
If you're looking for a voice capable of sensitivity to life's trials - I've been married, divorced, remarried, mother to four, stepmother to three, and have had one amazing roller-coaster-ride along the way.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Rebecca Jordan by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rebecca Jordan is a Standard subscriber.
Rebecca Jordan does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Rebecca Jordan was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Rebecca Jordan does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Rebecca Jordan was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.