"Doctor Mom": Informational & Warm
• Nurturing and caring for "mom" commercials
• Actor training (30 years) provides amazing range for audiobooks
• Informative yet engaging for narrations and presentations
• Knowledgeable for medical narrations
• Goofy or deadpan for comedic pieces
• Perky for young women's commercials
• Sexy/seductive for commercials
• Upbeat for computer games
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
Nyack, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
• U.S. Regions: New England, New York (NYC, Western NY), Southern (Southeast, Southwest), Minnesota, California (Valley, Asian)
U.K.: British: Northern (Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham), Southern/Cockney, "Queen's"; Irish: Dublin; Scottish: Glasgow
My Voice Experience
I've been performing voice-overs since I was 10 years old, sitting alone in my room with a tape recorder creating entire shows centered around a precocious little girl named Gwendolyn Bradley.
Since then, my work has involved recording spots for a wide range of organizations -- from multi-media art installations to Fleischmann's Yeast commercial.
I'm often given medical voice-over work because I can pronounce complex scientific terms with general ease!
I also helped develop the first female-based interactive sitcom, "Supple," for which I created the characters, wrote the dialogue, played two of the roles, and directed the voice-over sessions. [http://supplegame.com]
I'm best known for my warm yet professional voice, although I bring to the project whatever is needed.
B.A. in Theater, SUNY Brockport (including on-air classes)
Studied theater and television at Loughborough University (UK)
Soap Opera Acting & Comedic Acting Workshops (Actors Connection & HB Studios)
M.F.A. Creative Writing, Emerson College
Film & TV Acting (American Academy of Dramatic Arts)
MTI GAMES: "Supple" interactive sitcom/computer game: created the characters, wrote the dialogue, played two of the roles, and directed the voice-over sessions. [http://supplegame.com]
Comedic theater company: Doorways to Lint (1995-1997); Circle in the Squirrel (1999-2002): Writer/performer, including voice-over spots
One Destiny Productions / Creative Media Design, NYC: Featured talent for this audio production company
Contributing Editor for AUDIOFILE Magazine 1994-1999
My Studio Equipment
OS: iMac OS X (10.9.4)
Microphone: Audio technica AT2020 USB Microphone
Software: Audacity / Garage Band
Headphones: AblePlanet Linx Audio
I have traveled extensively, in part to continue my work developing a wide range of dialects. In a recent art installation by artist Sylvia Kolbowski entitled "Like Looking Away," I played the roles of 20 women, all from differing parts of the world, each with a distinct dialect.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Rachel Astarte Piccione by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Rachel Astarte Piccione is a Standard subscriber.
Rachel Astarte Piccione does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Rachel Astarte Piccione was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Rachel Astarte Piccione does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Rachel Astarte Piccione was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.