Weathered, rough, straightforward, rustic
My narration work has been described as hyper-real, rugged, straightforward, blue-collar, and honest. Throw in just a touch of country and we're talking rustic and rural too. It's the sweet spot I've settled into and love putting it to work.
Long history with hard sell radio & TV commercials so no worries there along with spots that are quiet, classy, natural, serious, arrogant, quirky or humorous. VOG for live events - clear, listenable, and (most importantly) available for last minute changes. All sorts of different character voices for video games, film, music videos, animation, and commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
• I have ipDTL in my studio
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
North American English, Upper Midwest accent, Southern Accents (from hillbilly to genteel). Characterizations include the stereotypical game show host, the über-announcer, the prideful but bumbling guy, dude with arrogant attitude, rustic & weather-worn, no-nonsense guy, over-the-top club DJ, hard-bitten detective or sargent, unhinged soldier, both the most obnoxious man and the happiest man in the world... an
My Voice Experience
Starting with a commercial for a bowling alley in 1987, voiceover work has been the one constant through careers in radio, hospitality, marketing, advertising, media production, event promotion and management, restaurant ownership, and all sorts of live performance gigs. In 2003, I went full-time freelance and haven't looked back.
I've voiced scripts for corporate narration, video game characters, commercials and promos, sports reality narration, and in-house projects for national and multi-national companies, games, animations, and teams. My range is as broad as my experience.
University of Northern Iowa - Communications & Biology degree programs
University of Iowa - Theatre and voice workshops
Vocal training classes & workshops in singing and theatre, various instructors & dates
My Studio Equipment
Mics - Custom Austin model ribbon, Equitek CAD e100S, Neumann TLM102
Preamps - Custom 1073-based preamp, Warm Audio WA12 (solid state), HHb Radius 40 (tube/solid hybrid)
AD/DA - Apogee Duet, MOTU Ultralite
Comp & software - iMac i7 running Logic, FCPX, AudioDesk, & Reaper with plugins from iZotope, Brainworx, Voxengo, & Toneboosters
Playback - JBL LSR5 Monitors, Sennheiser HD380 Pro headphones
Vocal iso booth
2 cats attracted by the sound of the keyboard when I'm editing
Speechwriter, live announcer, DJ, host, & MC, scriptwriter of all sorts, live event programming & music consulting, live audio engineer, game operations director & producer. Award winning fiction.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact P.J. Stoppleworth by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently P.J. Stoppleworth is a Premium subscriber.
• P.J. Stoppleworth was last active on Voice123 2 days ago